Senior Officer (1 year contract), Telesales Consultant (General Insurance)
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values â€” Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Retail function provides Personal and Business Banking customers with financial solutions tailored to their needs. We help them manage their money wisely and meet their financial goals through an extensive range of products and services. These include deposit, insurance, secured and unsecured loans, investment and wealth advisory services.
Personal Financial Services
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations.
As General Insurance specialist within the telesales team, you will be fully involved in introducing various insurance plans to meet the financial protection needs of UOBâ€™s existing customers. Specific responsibilities include:
- To actively make outbound calls to present General Insurance products (Hospital/Accident/Critical Illness) to UOB customers
- To pro-actively highlight the unique selling features of every insurance plan
- Understand customerâ€™s concern and address their needs through active listening
- Handle customerâ€™s objection professionally and to conduct sales call in a persuasive and engaging manner with customers to ensure closure
- Strong ability and confidence to cross-sell (e.g. a 2nd insurance plan)
- Consistently meet and exceed sales targets set by management monthly
- Apply diligence and integrity in the selling process to ensure sales calls conducted in accordance to the bankâ€™s quality assurance standards
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Highly persuasive and comfortable with handling customerâ€™s objections
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment to consistently meet or exceed sales targets
- Strong ability to transit from selling one product to another with ease
- Willing to learn and apply new techniques to improve skillsets
- Flexibility with extended working hours
- Certified with BCP / PGI / HI certificates
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)