Senior Occupational Therapists
This position involves working with primary and secondary students with autism who have a range of difficulties, such as penmanship, co-ordination, sensory sensitivity and integration. Your job role will include -
Assessment & Report Writing
- Participate in team assessment for school admissions
- Conduct Occupational Therapy (OT) related assessments and write reports for intervention planning
- Conduct OT related assessments and write reports for Access Arrangements for National Exams
- Plan and deliver programmes for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) in the area of motor and co-ordination skills (eg. Handwriting, aspects of PE, Vocational Skills)
- Redesign task to increase productive through accommodation and skill development
- Make necessary referrals to external and alternative services where necessary
- Participate in collaborative consultation model with key stakeholders
- Participate in curriculum / programme development projects
- Develop programme wide or school wide intervention programmes on areas related to sensory issues, and functional and motor co-ordination skills
- Plan and deliver training, consultation and instructions to Educators on areas related to the interventions in OT
- Plan and deliver training to parents on areas related to interventions in OT
- Provide supervision and mentorship to new / junior OTs
Management and Leadership
- Provide routine reporting on agreed Key Goals for OT service
- Influence the development of programmes and policies to promote best practice in OT and sensory accomodations
- Full registration with the Allied Health Professional Council (AHPC)
- Experience and skills in assessment and intervention on sensory issues
- Desire to learn about autism and the passion to serve the autism community
- Flexibility and adaptability to changes and different perspectives
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a fast paced work environment
We are also looking for Principal Occupational Therapist. Please write in to enquire about the position.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
If you are keen to be part of an organisation where lives are transformed, email our Recruitment Team at [Click Here to Email Your Resume].
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For information about other positions, please visit our careers page at http://www.autism.org.sg/careers
Autism Resource Centre (S) / Pathlight School