Roles & Responsibilities
The Senior Nutritionist will initiate, stimulate and lead a group of young scientists at the frontiers of food and nutrition research. The individual should think strategically, be a visionary and be able to operate at the national and international level. The candidate will also have a unique opportunity in contributing to the future research direction of Wilmar. The position offers exciting career development and opportunities for the right person.
The Senior Nutritionist will also oversee and interact with junior researchers. Responsibilities will include liaison with scientist and to provide technical advice and interact with the food industry notably Wilmar. The individual should also play a strategic role in capacity building and enhancement of the scientific capability of the research group.
The Senior Nutritionist will work alongside the Chief Scientist, Wilmar and Director of Clinical Nutrition Research Centre, to establish a strategic/research programme in Food & Nutrition.
- MSc / PhD in related field (Food Science/Nutrition/Physiology/Biochemistry) with 10-15 years working experience in nutrition or related area
- PhD scientist with experience in the food industry or academia and ability to write and present scientific observations to a wider lay audience. Strong technical background in food, nutrition or biochemistry
- 10 – 15 years of relevant research experience as a principal investigator or equivalent role; prior experience in cross-disciplinary team management
- Outstanding track record in industry and/ or academic research.
- Ability to translate research findings from industry with relevance to social outcomes.
- Leadership qualities or supervision of post graduate researchers. Ability to organize and plan scientific meetings.
- Good knowledge and understanding of statistics related to data handling.
- Current principles and practices of nutrition, including nutritional requirements for diverse age, cultural awareness of ethnicity (Chinese, Malay and Indian).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide focus and leadership in food nutrition or physiology.
- Ability to commercialize food nutrition research and to work closely with industry will be a great advantage.
- An inspirational and influential leader with substantial scientific and industrial experience.