Senior Network Engineer (L2/L3)
Position: Network Level 2 / Level 3
Type: 6-months contract (renewable)
Salary: Based on Market Rate
Location: Alexandra Technopark
Job Summary: We are looking for a Network Engineer to be a part of our company's partner team in the Video Business Unit of our partners company which is a telco MNC company. They are a multifaceted team supporting a diverse product portfolio. You will play a pivotal role in designing, building and bringing in service in a datacenter environment for Video Solutions Team.
We are looking for candidate who can:
- Work with the Presales and Architecture team on delivery of new design solutions consistent with customer platform.
- Collaborate across multiple vendors, integrators, and internal partners to produce technically excellent solutions aligned to business and customer needs.
- Provide expertise guidance for deployments of network solutions in a IPTV Network.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networking such as routers, firewalls, switches, Active Directories et al.
- Serves as subject matter expert and able to operate independently.
- Delivers detailed High-Level and Low-Level design documents for customer project activities.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interacts closely with customer representatives on advanced technical issues
- Provides technical leadership and mentors team members for improving service.
- Independently prepares and delivers presentations of the highest professional quality.
- Engages in high severity production incidents and problem tickets to support the integration and maintenance teams.
- Reviews the MOP documents for correctness and adherence to the design concept.
- Develops novel concepts and approaches to resolve critical issues and broad design matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology /Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- 8+ Years of hands on experience in network domain preferably with a Video /IPTV Background.
- Have experience working in an enterprise/DC/ICT environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of customers and leadership
- Have experience being in a Network Architect or a Lead role.
- Strong presentation skills and able to handle customer queries related to design and operations.
- Proven leadership skills in a high pace, highly technical solutions environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, including attention to detail, and ability to determine effective course of action as required
- Ability to thoroughly review, understand and interpret technology updates for applicability in the environment we support.
- Competent working knowledge of networking and protocols in an Enterprise environment.
- Must have hands-on experience on multiple vendor equipment but not limited to Nokia -Alcatel Lucent, Arista, Cisco, Fortinet, Palo Alto.
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN/TCP/IP/Subnetting concepts.
- Expert level knowledge for routing concepts and protocols like static IP routing, OSPF, broadcasts, multicasts.
- Able to provide guidance for Security designs, IP Filters, firewall policies in device configurations in network.
- Provide guidance to team on redundancy and resilience architectures.
- Good knowledge on TACAS/RADIUS and NAC systems involving AAA.
- Experience in implementing and administrating common TCP/IP-based services, including DNS, DHCP, TFTP, SSH, SMTP etc.
- Possess good analytical and trouble-shooting skills in the area of technical fault isolation and rectification.
- Positive outlook with a can do attitude.
Additional Skills or experience
- Experience with server hardware, preferably both blades and rack mounted servers but not limited to HP DL* and BL* series, EVA, 3PAR.
- Experience in Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, SCCM, SCOM, Windows networking.
- Understanding of High availability technologies: network redundancy, server clustering, RAID
- Know-how on scripting technologies or coding experience is an advantage. Powershell is preferred.
- Know-how on virtualization technologies, preferably Hyper-V
Hexamatics Singapore Pte Ltd