Senior/ Medical Technologist (Immunology / Flow Cytometry / Molecular)
Launched in 2015, Q2 Solutions is a leading global clinical trial laboratory services organization. We help biopharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics customers improve human health through innovation that transforms science and data into actionable medical insights. Q2 Solutions is a quality driven, responsive partner with strong global experience and deep scientific and medical expertise. The Q2 Solutions joint venture was formed by Quintiles and Quest Diagnostics, combining the best of each parent organizations clinical trials laboratory services capabilities.
- Perform a wide variety of clinical testing procedures to obtain data for use in clinical and anatomic trials research in global clinical studies.
- Perform routine and complex analysis of patient specimens according to standard operating procedures (SOPs). Evaluate specimen acceptability upon receipt and during the review of analysis results. Evaluate validity of specimen results against the algorithms displayed by the lab computer system. Document all corrective actions taken. Perform secondary review of patient results when required to ensure accuracy of primary result entry.
- Provide oversight and guidance to Medical/ Histo Laboratory Technicians and/or Assistants.
- Maintain quality control of all laboratory testing to ensure accurate and timely lab reporting.
- Perform pending workload review periodically during the day; find pending assays and resolve outstanding work prior to the completion of testing for the day.
- Assist in the development and writing of new Medical/ Histo laboratory procedures and techniques.
- Follow safety procedures as per laboratory SOPs.
- Monitor and follow-up on supply shortages.
- Participate in continuing education through self-study, attending in-services and off-site lectures and meetings.
- Bachelor degree in Medical/Histo technology or its equivalent, with 3 years’ relevant working experience in a diagnostic, central or medical laboratory environment.
- Good knowledge of the Clinical or Anatomic Pathology procedures used in the area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Laboratory Practices (GCLP) and other regulatory agency standards within area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment, instrumentation and terminology used in the area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including standard precautions and hazardous chemical handling.
- Ability to maintain effective reporting procedures and control workflow.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
- A strong team player.
- Willing to work on weekends/public holidays.
- Basic computer skills.
To find out more about us, visit our careers page at : http://www.q2labsolutions.com/