Senior Medical Technologist (Flow Cytometry)
Want to be part of improving human health, now and in the future? Be part of Q2 Solutions. As the world’s second largest provider of clinical laboratory services, we’re dedicated to creating better healthcare by helping customers develop drugs and devices faster and more efficiently than ever before. And turning hope into help for millions of people.
We're looking for dedicated, passionate Medical Technologist to join our world-class team. And be part of bringing patients a step closer to the better health they hope for.
- Oversee the daily responsibilities of an assigned technical area.
- Initiate training of new staff within the technical group. Train staff Medical/Histo Technologists and Medical/Histo Laboratory Technicians and/or Assistants in proper laboratory techniques for existing and new methods. Evaluate daily performance of staff for adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and efficient workflow.
- Act as primary resource for Medical/Histo Technologists and Medical/Histo Laboratory Technicians and/or Assistants in the technical area to resolve testing issues and analyzer maintenance.
- Maintain quality control of laboratory testing to ensure accurate and timely lab reporting. Document corrective and preventative actions taken using good documentation practices.
- Perform moderate/highly complex analysis of patient specimens. Evaluate validity of specimen results as per SOP guidelines. Document all corrective actions taken.
- Assist management in establishing new methodologies. Assist in completion of validation packages. Participate in selection process for new instrumentation.
- Assist management with implementing SOPs for laboratory testing and safety procedures. Implement changes in laboratory notifying all employees of necessary changes. Notify management when updates to department SOP manuals are needed to reflect procedural changes.
- Follow safety procedures as per laboratory SOPs.
- Collaborate with Project Manager with client requests and concerns. Notify management of any delays in testing and any related factors.
- Identify appropriate vendors and orders laboratory supplies as directed by management in order to maintain consistent workflow.
- Participate in continuing education through self-study, attending off-site lectures and preparing programs to share with coworkers.
Ideal candidate should possess:
- At least 8 years of strong wet lab experience, preferably in a medical laboratory setting (CAP accreditation)
- Solid domain knowledge in Flow Cytometry assays
- Demonstrate a passion for people development & organizational excellence
- University graduate, in either Biomedical/Biological Science or related fields
- Keen interest to work in a fast-paced & high-pressured laboratory that supports clinical research/trials.
- Excellent communications & organizational skills