Senior Mechanical Engineer (Pharma MNC)
- Lead and conduct criticality assessment and Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA) for critical equipment. Set up appropriate maintenance strategy and review effectiveness periodically. Identification of strategic spares and operational spares and recommendation of inventory level.
- Lead and conduct Risk Assessment and implement Risk Based Inspection (RBI) Program for static equipment and structural assets. Based on RBI output / findings, escalate to functional risk team and propose timely asset replacement/repair through Capital Expense (CAPEX) and Operational Expense (OPEX) respectively.
- Plan and co-ordinate predictive, preventive maintenance work, including breakdown maintenance and plant modification. Ensure timely closure of work orders in Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responsible for conducting detailed root cause analysis for breakdown issues and implementing effective corrective and preventive actions timely.
- Participate in customer complaint investigation process and ensure that engineering related corrective actions and preventive action (CAPA) are completed within the agreed timeline.
- Plan and co-ordinate engineering resources, including contractors, for effective plant turnaround to ensure the plant is started-up on schedule.
- Lead and conduct risk assessment for identification of physical / chemical contamination as well as safety concerns (e.g. zero access) and implement robust mitigation plans.
- Carry out plant modifications and other identified plant improvement projects under defined specifications and budget. Ensure that all relevant validations e.g. Installation Qualification (IQ) & Operational Qualification (OQ) are carried out in accordance to approved procedures and standards.
- Provide input to the project team of capital projects, as well as, perform the relevant qualification.
- Contribute to the development of annual Repair and Maintenance (R&M) budget of the section and manage/control cost to meet Operational Expense (OPEX) target.
- Monitor and enforce compliance measures [including EHS, Quality Management System (QMS) and Global Engineering Standards (GES)] within their specific discipline to ensure inspection readiness as well as active participation in an audit, gap analysis and timely closure of identified gaps. Includes establishing suitable work place risk assessments and adherence to permit-to-work system.
- Ensure that all maintenance activities and housekeeping are carried out in compliance with engineering standards and procedures. Carry out periodic review of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) / Instruction (INS) to maintain an inspection readiness state at all time.
- Supervise, develop, and motivate a team of engineering technician to realize their maximum potential so as to contribute towards achieving the objectives of the site objectives.
- Monitor and track equipment performance using visual control board with leading and lagging indicators and take appropriate actions to improve equipment operating conditions.
- Support the development of Facility Master Plan (FMP) to ensure compliance to engineering standards, management of obsolescence, asset replacement as well as embark capital investments that deliver the most value to the business and maintain a secure source of supply for the site.
- Manage and engage service providers to provide cost effective facilities services
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, with 5 years of plant mechanical maintanence experience.
- Strong experience in Plant reliability engineering including troubleshooting, maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO)
- Experienced in Conducting, reviewing and managing Risk-Based Inspections (RBIs)
- Well versed in maintenance, repair and install of Rotating equipment
- Good awareness of industrial standards
- Good understanding of local regulatory codes and requirements
- Good understanding of Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) and plant reliability programs
- Basic financial knowledge
- Basic project management skills
- Effective presentation and communication skills
To apply, please click "Apply Now" or visit www.gmprecruit.com and search for job reference: 16599
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Tan Wai Peng | Registration No: R1104671
GMP TECHNOLOGIES (S) PTE LTD