Senior Materials Engineer
Req. ID: 102369
As a Material Engineer of the Advanced Package Technology Development team, you will be responsible for improving the quality of the materials used in Micron’s product. You will be expected to leveraging world-wide resources to deliver industry benchmark and consistent materials across manufacturing sites. You will need to interface with procurement, quality engineering, and manufacturing engineering teams across the network to review and address materials issues and concerns and to identify new materials and determination the critical to quality features used to ensure quality of materials used in Micron’s manufacturing processes.
As a member of the organization you will be responsible for executing and collaborating to provide and improve material quality through these business processes:
- Establishing the specifications and critical to quality features for the IQC process,
- Stewarding new material through the mfg line for the qualification process,
- Participating in the BOM Risk Review process and work to reduce risk to BOM’s,
- Managing the Approved Material List.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Define Critical to Quality features and what is measured for IQC,
- Define and maintain material specifications, collaborate w/ Design, SQE, MFG
- State expectations for supplier continuous improvement for technical requirements,
- Ensure alignment to quality business processes across the BE Sites,
- Resolve Material issues where design rules and mfg capability understanding is required,
- Develop methods and metrics to improve material quality performance on a global scale,
- Enable New Product Introduction (NPI),
- Collaborate with the Design team(s) to provide your SME on selecting components / materials,
- Attend Technical discussions with suppliers to voice material requirements / expectations,
- Coordinate, analyze, DOE’s for materials development.
- Engineering Bachelor or Master’s Degree ( Preferably Chemistry / Material Science )
- Minimum 6 years of manufacturing experience
- Expertise in substrate / PCB mfg and Assembly process/equipment engineering for semi-conductor packaging.
- Experience w/ many packaging technologies (Board on Chip, Chip on Board, Flip Chip in Package, Cu Pillar, CSP etc)
- Experience in driving Value Engineering and continuous improvement activities with suppliers
- Working knowledge of Packaging Quality and Reliability tests and requirements.
- Decision making skills using data analysis techniques.
- Proven capability of collaboration with cross-functional engineering teams to provide a comprehensive assessment of changes from technical, operational and strategic perspective.
- Proven capability to work, interface and communicate with a wide variety of people and across multiple functional groups in an effective manner.
- Track record of performance excellence for current area of responsibility.
- Capable of international travel as needed to accomplish your objectives.
Working Location: 990 Bendemeer Road, Singapore 339942
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || Central Singapore (SG-01) || Singapore (SG) || Technology Development || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-MH2 ||
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Materials Engineer, Quality Engineer, Senior Quality Engineer, Engineering
Micron Semiconductor Asia