Senior Material Development Engineer - Module/SSD
Req Id: 119217
As a Backend Central Team Material Development Engineer, you will be responsible for the development, improvement, qualification and integration Mod/SSD of new product packaging and consumable material. You will work with internal and external resources to define and enable new material development roadmaps, execute business processes and drive network process and materials alignment to achieve world class manufacturing performance.
This position requires close collaboration with other functional groups (R/D, Package & Process Development Team, Manufacturing and procurement). As such you are required to maintain a strong and open relationship with your peer group and appropriate managers. You are also required to develop external relationships to achieve new ideas and procedures to keep pace with Industry standards and methods.
- Facilitate and drive global peer groups to ensure materials alignment on strategy and roadmap.
- Proliferation and transfer of materials (Tray/tape/bag/box, label, DTIM, Underfill, Underfilm, Conformal Coating) to HVM sites.
- Work with materials supplier to develop new product packaging and consumable material & capabilities.
- Work with R/D & Process Development team to establish future technology requirements.
- Represent MCT BE /or manufacturing in key projects.
- Collaborate with site teams globally to drive, develop, and implement improvements in materials or processes that drive cost reduction, improve quality and delivery performance.
- Assist in driving alignment efforts across backend operations and across all sites using common methods and metrics.
- Support site development/integration projects.
- Maintain a strong and open relationship with peer group and engineers in other functional areas and in partner organizations.
- Actively share information with others to raise level of awareness and knowledge
- Provide leadership in problem analysis and resolution at network level.
- Collaborate with New Technology Development Group to enable on-time qualification of new material solution.
- Work closely with NPI Groups, Internal & External Mass Production Sites to ensure seamless transition into High Volume Manufacturing within stipulated time and yield.
- Develop strategies to drive continuous Product & System improvement.
- Be the Point Of Contact pertaining to all aspects of assigned materials, regardless of manufacturing geographical locations.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- 3+ years experience in B/E operations or related manufacturing environment.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to multi-task and manage dynamic priorities.
- Excellent Project management skills.
- Ability to participate in a cross-functional team environment.
- Good knowledge of Quality Management Systems and applications in manufacturing.
- Good knowledge of statistics and data analysis tools and applications within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in semiconductor manufacturing and packaging is an advantage.
- Highly motivated individuals with relevant working experience are encouraged to apply.
- A team player, equip with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess initiative and ability to work independently.
- Keen interest to understand the entire Backend Operations from Assembly to Finished Goods.
- Ability to travel
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Micron to administer all human resource actions and benefits without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran's or other legally-protected status. Each manager, supervisor, and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy.
The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters. To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || Central Singapore (SG-01) || Singapore (SG) || Backend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || Not Applicable ||
Job Segment: Semiconductor, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Coating, Quality Manager, Science, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality
Micron Semiconductor Asia
Micron Technology is a world leader in memory and semiconductor technology. We offer the industry’s broadest portfolio of silicon-to-semiconductor solutions starting with foundational DRAM, NAND, and NOR Flash memory, and extending to SSDs, modules, MCPs, HMC, and other semiconductor solutions. For more than 38 years, Micron has dedicated itself to collaborating with customers and partners to engineer technology that drives innovation and transforms what’s possible. We continually rethink, recast, and advance new ideas to make it easier for customers to try new things and gain competitive advantages in their markets.