Senior Marketing Analyst (Analysis & Innovation)
Summary of Job Responsibilities
The Senior Analyst is responsible for monitoring, listening, analysing and reporting on the company's Social Media presence and marketing on social media sites such as Facebook (and Messenger), Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram (and Instagram Stories), Weibo, and YouTube as well as review sites like TripAdvisor and new channels such as WhatsApp.
Analysts within Analysis and Innovation, Social Media are in charge of increasing the overall exposure of the company via Social Media by looking for opportunities and solutions to increase engagement and the improve the guest experience in alignment with marketing strategies to achieve our business objectives.
They possess strong analytical skills to interpret data to react to issues and concerns that may affect a company's image or profit. They study trends in social media, research popular platforms, study emerging tools, and observe and report how often those social media platforms and tools are used and how relevant these are for the business.
This role will sit within the Social Media department while working closely with the rest of Marketing and Communications to help discover actionable consumer insights in relation to social media, measure, analyse and report on social media campaigns or ad-hoc requirements in relation to reputation management using the social media management platform and tool.
The Senior Analyst will be in charge of our shared team tools such as KLEAR (Influencer management) and Meltwater for publishing and analysis. The role will also be shaped to look at emerging tech, trends and oversee development of Dashboarding for senior management and decentralized working teams across the organization.
The Senior Analyst is tasked to look at designing and implementing systems with internal clients to transform guest experiences on/via Social Media, through leveraging emerging technologies such as ChatBots, other Messenger apps such as WhatsApp and IOT in various touchpoints.
The Senior Analyst has the ability to analyse industry data and trends, develop plans and proposals that use social tech innovation creatively for the organisation to enhance productivity and automate processes for operational efficiency. The Senior Analyst must possess the capabilities to build, test, deploy and optimise POCs (Proof of Concept) solutions to elevate the guest experience online (social media) through to on-site (seamless experience).
- Work with the Social Media and marketing team to provide analysis of social landscape and audience buzz volume, frequency, velocity, demographics, using the companyâ€™s appointed listening, monitoring and reporting tools .
- Develop qualitative and quantitative analyses, custom models and ad hoc reports to effectively monitor performance, trends, and opportunities within social media channels and KOL activity (via appointed management tool).
- Point person on the use of social media management platform and tool, and to manage access to the platform. First point of contact for report / data requests from social team and other stakeholders.
- To gather and analyse data from social media management platform and tool and present in easily digestible visually engaging format for many types of teams from on-the-ground to senior management.
- Daily/Regular social listening for negative sentiments, actionable insights and engagement opportunities
- Implement social media campaign tracking and reporting
- Weekly and monthly reporting of Social Media KPIs and Google analytics integration with Marketing teams.
- Work with cross-functional teams to define KPIs for success and track against them and implement measurement programs to address the KPIs
- Source from data driven insights to uncover opportunities for improving engagement levels in campaigns
- Researches, interviews, writes/ edits/ updates reports for Social Media team about trends, issues and opportunities in measurement trends and technology, where needed
- Recommend and implement proven and relevant applications for social media campaign measurement and bring those applications to the forefront with consideration of their fit within our companyâ€™s measurement repertoire, where applicable
- Analyse industry data and trends to identify applications of social tech and various industry innovations that enhance productivity and automate processes within the organisation.
- Where applicable, build, test, deploy and optimise POCs (Proof of Concept) solutions to elevate the guest experience online (social media) through to on-site (seamless experience)
- Innovate and propose / pilot new technologies, channels, software and tools to support the business. For example working with new messenger apps, extending Chatbot roadmaps with teams or other KOL tech etc
- A bachelor's degree in public relations, marketing, social media management or business communications
- 3-5 yearsâ€™ experience in analytics, digital or social media related
- Experience in measuring and monitoring social media and creating business insight for how these analytics can be applied to social, digital, and PR strategies
- Demonstrated ability to create analyses that move beyond an explanation of â€˜what happenedâ€™ to â€˜why it happenedâ€™ and â€˜what should be doneâ€™
- Ability to identify/clarify campaign objectives and lead the development of KPIs that address these objectives
- Strong analytic skills both quantitative and qualitative
- Strong critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team
- Self-starter, with strong ability to initiate projects and see-through to completion
- Knowledge of advanced social media analysis tools
- Passion for growth and customer acquisition
- Must have experience in digital and social with a flair for data science and creative drive
- Team player willing to work positively and proactively with all sorts of teams and levels