Senior Manager, Security Planning (1-year contract), Office of Safety & Security
- Masterplan the initiatives, measures and systems/manpower requirements to achieve the University’s security objectives, including being responsible for technically sound project design/conceptualisation, implementation, budget forecasting and approvals.
- Own and be responsible for the successful delivery of projects in the masterplan, specifically in ensuring an integrated delivery of safety and security outcomes.
- Actively seek new and novel knowledge that can be applied to the design and planning of security systems. This include developing a comprehensive understanding of the stakeholders needs and how these varied needs could be supported through the masterplan.
- Ensure projects are well coordinated, meet requirements, stay within allocated budget and be completed on time.
- Provide secretariat and staff support to facilitate the review of organizational safety, security and emergency preparedness policy/plans.
- Communicate planning concepts to stakeholders, both verbally and through graphic and written reports. You will be required to actively engage stakeholders as well as lead in planning/project meetings and presentations.
- Assist in managing campus safety & security operations.
- Support any ad-hoc project/tasks under the purview of the Office of Safety & Security.
- Bachelor's Degree or above, preferably in IT, Electronic, Computer, Automation or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 8 years of related experience including a demonstrated track record in the strategic planning/master-planning (security systems preferred) of complex systems.
- Project management experience will be an added advantage.
- Experience in supporting enforcement or military agencies will be an advantage
- Meticulous and able to think conceptually and strategically.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills and a desire to learn.
- Demonstrated ability in having managed multiple high-priority projects simultaneously.
- Excellent knowledge of security infrastructure and systems (preferred).
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills.
- Able to think creatively and work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Experienced in managing and building relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University