Senior Manager, Safety & Security (24-month contract), Office of Safety & Security
- Perform the role of Senior Fire Safety Manager (FSM) for the OSS
- Assist in ensuring all necessary and relevant fire safety-related operations such as training & education, fire safety framework, emergency response plans, CERT operations and validation exercises such as fire-drills are organized and conducted as per required by regulatory bodies.
- Lead fire-fighting response in accordance to CERT requirements.
- Responsible for campus security, including building access, patrols, lock-down procedures etc.
- Overall campus security and security operations/procedures (including supervising, planning, scheduling, auditing security operations, formulating relevant Standard Operating Procedures and procuring additional security staff as required for events and activities)
- Provide incident response, investigations and also support the organisational crisis management structure.
- Diploma Holder and/or General Degree
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of practical experience in the area of Workplace Safety & Health, Fire Safety and Security/Enforcement.
- Relevant experience in a uniform organization would be an advantage.
- Qualified Senior Fire Safety Manager with experience working in public / commercial premises classified as ‘High Risk Installations’ by the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF)
- Experienced in physical and protective security work (current / ex-uniformed service preferred)
- Registered Workplace Safety & Health Officer (preferred)
- Experienced working in institutions of higher learning (preferred)
- Experience in crisis management, business continuity management and security systems would be advantageous
- Proven writing and communication abilities
- Able to work independently under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Able to be self-motivated in a challenging work environment
- Good planning, organizing, interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-oriented and a decisive leader who believes in sharing ideas / best practices
- Proven track record in management of fire and/or security operations including operations planning
- Able to commit to a 2-year contract position
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University