Senior Manager, Operations Management, Office of Safety & Security
- Campus Security
- Play an active role in representing the Office of Safety Security in working with various agencies and stakeholders to develop, coordinate and implement strategies to address security and safety concerns at the University.
- Work with both internal and external stakeholders to anticipate and identify other emerging safety and security risks for the University and to propose development of capabilities and resources to deal with them.
- Lead and supervise the team that is responsible for campus security, including building access, patrols, lock-down procedures etc.
- Responsible for overall campus security along with instituting robust security operations/procedures (including supervising, planning, scheduling, auditing, red-teaming, etc).
- Formulating, reviewing and updating of the relevant operations policies and procedures.
- Responsible for administering the security manpower contract which includes ensuring that the contractual deliverables are met, and that the security contractor continuously perform at a high level.
- Ensure staff are trained as well as identify opportunities for improving services in areas such as resolution of complaints/feedback, visitor management, lost and found, etc.
- Event Security Planning
- Plan/coordinate operational instructions, lead, execute and manage ground/frontline operations that ranges from ad-hoc security deployments to high level events involving VIPs.
- The planning effort will also involve the engagement of the relevant stakeholders to ensure that the plans are sound.
- Incident Management
- Guide response to incidents by the security team and ensure positive resolution of each incident.
- Lead in incident management which includes devising/implementing the appropriate plans and procedures, regularly reviewing procedures/rules of engagement (if required) and ensuring timely updates to senior management.
- Provide expeditious investigation support to any incident of interest, including acquiring the requisite evidence, regularly and comprehensively reporting the investigation findings and making appropriate recommendations.
- Outreach and Community Engagement
- Work with the security service provider to sustain efforts to build strong relations with the community and engage the community to raise awareness on crime prevention, SGSecure as well as any other appropriate outreach initiative.
- Other Duties
- Any other operational, developmental and strategic projects relating to safety and security matters as assigned.
- Secondary Role & Scope
- Development of SMU’s risk assessment, organizational crisis management and emergency preparedness capabilities.
- Providing staff support to the University’s crisis ops room.
- Managing any security related issue (including terrorism, public order, etc), event, gap or vulnerability.
- Degree with 7 to 10 years of relevant experience; good honours degree will be an advantage.
- Practical experience in planning, leading, executing and managing ground/frontline operations ranging from ad-hoc security situations to high level events involving VVIPs
- Strong ability in supervising day to day security operations as well as incident management
- Good language command with demonstrated experience in written communication to internal/external stakeholders as well as senior management
- Good presentation skills with a strong ability to convey complex ideas to stakeholders.
- Versatile and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with a proven track record in resolving operational issues and problems
- Experience in investigation work will be an advantage.
- Relevant and/or recent experience in a uniform organization will be a further advantage.
- Experienced in physical and protective security work especially in a large organization (current/ex-uniformed personnel preferred).
- Experienced and familiar with physical security infrastructure/operating systems & processes e.g Access Control Systems, CCTV systems, Command Post C3 systems, etc.
- Experienced working in institutions of higher learning (preferred).
- Demonstrated ability and experience in leading/supervising operational and security-related teams / units.
- Experience in crisis management, business continuity management and security systems will be advantageous.
- Proven writing and communication abilities.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in formulating operations and concept plans, policies etc.
- Established track record in preparing written reports and recommendations to senior management.
- Able to work independently under pressure and in a fast- paced environment.
- Able to be self-motivated in a challenging work environment.
- Good planning, organizing, interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Self-oriented and a decisive leader who believes in sharing ideas / best practices.
- Proven track record in management of security operations including operations planning.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University