Senior Manager National Stadium, Singapore Sports Hub
A key leadership position within the Venues & Events team of the Singapore Sports Hub, the position of
Senior Manager, National Stadium will manage and support the venue and event operations of the
Singapore National Stadium. Reporting to the Director, National Stadium and working closely with Event
Hirers, Stakeholders (internal, external, Government), Contractors and National Sporting Associations,
the successful candidate will undertake a leadership role within the National Stadium team. The role will
be required to support the management of day-to-day operations and event delivery as part of a wider
team of partners/stakeholders across the integrated Sportshub site in delivering events of the highest
quality within a safe, efficient and secure environment.
Detailed Roles & Responsibilities
- Leadership position to work within and manage a team of Venue and Event Managers in the coordination of all aspects of stadium operations – both event and non-event days.
- Serve as the key representative to venue hirers in execution of their events.
- Manage a team of event managers to ensure effective event and venue operations and openly communicate and escalate information as required.
- Liaise with internal consortium partners such as Facility Management, ICT, Ticketing, Catering,
- Security, Turf team etc. on behalf of the Venues & Events Operator of the National Stadium.
- Liaise with external stakeholders such as Sport Singapore, Singapore Police Force, SCDF and National Sports Associations to ensure compliance as per venue regulatory requirements.
- Oversee the development and review of event operating plans, risk assessments, policies and procedures and reporting to ensure world class event delivery within a safe and secure environment, utilizing the Green Guide as a benchmarking reference.
- Support the operations of event days including the Event Control Room.
- Develop and implement debriefing after events to continually improve the operations of the venue and events.
- Build a solid foundation of venue and event knowledge to become a subject matter expert for clients, customers and staff as needed.
- Monitor venue performance and operations, produce reports as required by management or clients.
- Prepare documentation and information for staff, management, promoters and clients to enable them to effectively service all client groups entering the SSH.
- Ensure that health and safety policies and regulations are adhered to and reflected positively through your actions and those of your colleagues.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the events, sports or leisure industries, with prior stadium or arena experience seen as essential.
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college or university in event management, sports or hospitality/tourism is preferred but not essential.
- Additional industry specific qualifications such as health & safety, first aid, crowd management etc. preferred.
Essential Personal Characteristics, Competencies and Behaviours:
- A can-do attitude with focus on achieving results within a team environment.
- Ability to uphold strong communications with the extensive range of internal and external partners.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deliverables.
- Understanding of crowd management sciences including security, traffic and emergency management needs.
- Understanding field of play, back of house and venue operations requirements of hosting international level football, rugby, athletics, and cricket events
- Understanding of concert production requirements such as lighting, power, rigging, sound, staging, crowd flows etc.
- Ability to apply conflict resolution and problem-solving skills in a diverse environment.
- Is a proactive team player and prepared to support the endeavours of the wider collective.
- Thinks laterally, sources creative solutions in the face of unique challenges in a high paced, dynamic and fast moving environment.
- Ability to express ideas clearly through both oral and written communication with strong attention to details.
- Working hours are either 8:30AM to 6:00PM or 9:00AM to 6:30PM, Monday to Friday. Unique morning/evening and weekend hours will be required at various times.
Interested candidates are invited to apply with a comprehensive resume.
Please include the following items in your resume:
- Current & Expected Salary
- Passport-size photograph
- Notice period / Date of Availability
SPORTSHUB PTE LTD