Senior Manager, Maintenance (Electrical)
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 19-May-2019
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Assist ACE in monitoring and maintaining of all related Electrical systems and equipment to ensure uninterrupted services to the property.
- Assist ACE in monitoring and maintaining normal operation including switching of all 22KV High Voltage Switch Board, Power Transformers, Low voltage switchboards, Sub-boards, distribution boards and including the 6.6KV HV Emergency Standby Generators system.
- Assist the ACE in monitoring the Power Monitoring Control System within the complex to ensure system health and effective functionality of the power failure logic.
- Assist the ACE to oversee any other systems or equipment as assigned to accordingly.
- Assist ACE to manage, plan all related preventive and corrective maintenance in accordance to safe practices as defined in the Singapore Standard and / or authority requirement and guidelines.
- Co-coordinating, supervising and planning maintenance activities carried out by the contractors for all related equipment and system in order to meet the required objectives.
- Responsible for implementing and enforcing safe work practices and establishing and updating the activity based Risk Assessment for the team.
- Responsible for procuring of all essential equipment, tools, spares and supplies for the team.
- Preparation of tender documents and specifications.
- To actively be involved with managing the sections’ budget allocation and to keep track and documentation of all expenses.
- To be able to initiate and propose essential improvements to the system, which include planning, documentations and effective project management.
- Establishing, developing and/or improving all related Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the team.
- To be on 24/7 readiness for any emergency calls such as (fire, power outages, floods)
- Maintain all mandatory operating permits required for facility operation.
- Closely monitor the effects of servicing and maintenance on their condition wherever possible.
- Ensure that all essential records of maintenance and testing are documented properly and stored.
- Ensure that proper spares and supplies inventory are kept and updated regularly.
- Manage the Supervisor, Senior Technicians and Technicians on routine maintenance and urgent repair works in accordance to best engineering practices while adhering to occupational health and safety regulations.
- Manage Human Resources responsibilities by creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; adherence to the company’s status quo.
- Manage all team member relation’s issues and administer discipline when necessary in accordance with MBS guidelines.
- Plan and provide training programs for the team members while ensuring full participations.
- Liaison with Government and Statutory Board such as EMA and SP.
- Manage and Monitor the MAXIMO work orders and ensure proper tracking system in-place for down time and availability of equipment
- To carry out all other tasks, assignments or requirements as directed by the Facilities Management.
- Provides input into the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure MBS competitive position and in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality and gaming environment.
- Party representation philosophy; compliance with company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements
Education & Certification
- Degree, Diploma or any Professional certification in Electrical Engineering or any related discipline.
- Preference will be given to those who are a Licensed Electrical Worker (LEW).
- 5 to 10 years relevant / related working experience
- Preference will be given to those with experience in a related hospitality industry.
- Knowledge in High and Low voltage electrical, SCADA, Lift and Escalators and Dry Fire System.
- Low Voltage power turn-on testing and procedures.
- Have an intimate knowledge of all major systems; their operation and potential weaknesses
- Have a good command of English, Possess good communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment. Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Be able to work outdoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to fatigue, noise, dust, and be able to access all areas of the property
- Able to read as-built drawing
- Computer literacy (Word, excel, power point)
- Get along with fellow Team Members and work as a team player
- Meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to departmental and company policies
- Have a well-groomed, professional character and appearance.