Senior Manager, Finance & Administration (1-year contract), IIE
- Responsible for financial management, financial and performance analysis, management and KPI reporting as well as procurement advisory.
- Ensure financial policies, procedures and practices are adhered to.
- Review financial discrepancies and recommend corrective actions.
- Identify and resolve financial and administrative queries/issues in a timely manner.
- Manage the finances of the programme to ensure expenditure is on track in accordance to the approved workplans and financial regulations of SMU.
- Translate complex information in financial reports into useful and relevant information for stakeholders without financial technical expertise.
- Track and report on identified key performance indicators of the programme for management and regulatory reporting.
- Undertake financial and performance analysis to ensure alignment of actual versus strategic plans.
- Manage, track and report on grants received.
- Oversee audit requirements of the grant and to liaise with internal and external auditors for fulfilment of audit.
- Manage resource allocation to ensure smooth operation of the programme.
- Perform checks and balance for the programme in all aspects of the process and monitor the measure of success.
- Review, and recommend improvements to administrative policies, systems and procedures.
- Implement efforts in the redesign of core business processes to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Degree / Post Graduate Degree in accountancy, finance, business or management.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge of SAP accounting system; Microsoft Office, especially Excel spreadsheets.
- Able to generate, populate and interpret data and report with in-house application systems.
- Good knowledge of budget, grant administration and financial management principles.
- Diligent, meticulous, detail-oriented with a positive attitude.
- Previous experiences in education sector or knowledge of investment accounting would be viewed favourably.
- Creative problem solver comfortable with working in rapidly evolving landscape and projects loaded with uncertainty.
- Acts with a sense of urgency to meet tight deadlines.
- Thinks beyond own area of responsibility examining linkages and interactions between different parts of a system.
- Strong knowledge of budget, grant administration and financial management principles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate across departments and manage a wide range of stakeholders and students effectively.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic start-up environment.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University