Senior Manager (Facilities - Landscape)
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 27-May-2020
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
Summary of Job Responsibilities
- Responsible in up-keeping, monitoring and maintaining of all Landscape, Horticulture and Pest Control related maintenance to ensure that the property is always kept in the highest standards & performance.
- Responsible to uphold the Landscape & Horticulture design intent incorporate with MBS branding achieving a balance between natural and built environments that are aesthetically pleasing as well as appropriate, sensitive sustainable & practical.
- Evaluate architectural and landscape designs from a horticultural perspective with a view to determine the horticultural impact.
- Design tree & plants care plans and Standard Operating Procedures(SOPs) for landscape maintenance
- Lead in inspection and take-overs of new development; consolidating punch list and defects clearing process
- Plan and execute external contracts, ensuring works are compliant with the required specifications and standards so as to meet objectives
- Oversee both the landscape & pest control maintenance master plan and the in house teams, contractors and workers who implement it.
- Monitor the day-to-day work progress of all defects rectification; identify any equipment defect, and review the corrective actions required immediately.
- Conduct regular updates with facilities senior management, internal stakeholder & business unit on KPI & the overall outlook of the landscape & property pest control.
- Monitor budgets, forecasting, work allocations and staffing of the department
- Conduct performance appraisal of all team members under supervision
- Review resource, labor, and inventories including all essential equipment, tools, spares and supplies for the team and ensure that proper spares and supplies inventory are kept and updated regularly.
- Manage and conduct vendor performance review; and provide appropriate recommendation to the senior management
- Review and streamline all purchase requests with procurement department
- Preparation of tender documents, scope of work and specifications
- Review Maximo data to identify areas of improvements & productivity
- Implement effective performance management practices within department in accordance with organizational policies and procedures
- Create, review and refine SOPs
- Perform ad-hoc tasks as required, including assisting other facilities department team members
- Degree in Arboriculture/ Horticulture or equivalent.
- Certified Practicing Horticulturist (CPH)
- More than 15 years of hands-on practical working experience, ideally in integrated resorts, hospitality or large complexes.
- Working knowledge of CRA compliance requirement and understanding of local regulations, standards and ordinances on operations and maintenance of landscape, irrigation system & pest control will be advantageous.
- Knowledge on Nparks & NEA practices in terms of seeking approval and submission procedures to all government agencies and authorities will be advantageous.
- Be able to work outdoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to fatigue, noise, dust, and be able to access all areas of the property including those at height
- Able to work rotating shift, perform standby duties including weekend & public holidays and able to work perform under minimum supervision
- Able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable with frequent and prolong standing, stretching, bending and kneeling due to operational nature of the role
- Ability to converse and write in English
- Strong computer knowledge of IBM Maximo System and Microsoft Office.