Senior Manager (Corporate Services, Finance), LKCSB
- Managerial responsibilities
- Provide administrative leadership for the School’s Finance and Procurement function; train and develop staff to be more competent, effective, and efficient.
- Guide administrative team members from all units and Research Centres in LKCSB on Finance and Procurement matters, including understanding and compliance of SMU’s Corporate Authorisation Policies (CAP).
- Financial Administration, Budgeting and Asset Management
- Oversee the full spectrum of financial management, analysis, planning, projection and budgetary control.
- Main coordinator of LKCSB’s SMU strategic priorities; monitoring and reporting every quarter to Office of Programme Management.
- Preparation of management and financial reports including budgets and workplans based on submissions from all cost-centres under the School.
- Continually review work practices, procedures, and framework for better operational efficiency; proactively identify potential issues in accounts and financial processes for management’s attention.
- Provide financial advice to all units and Centres in LKCSB in accordance to OFIN’s guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure good documentation and sound processes are in place for annual audit and internal controls.
- Effective communication with Office of Finance to ensure compliance with University requirements and guidelines.
- Oversee the maintenance and monitoring of School’s asset list to ensure all assets are properly accounted for.
- Monitor DART fund account balances for faculty and provide half-yearly update.
- HR and General Administration
- Monitor and track budgets for staff welfare and training; provide advice on its optimum utilization based on approved budgets.
- Review and check all payment contracts for full-time faculty as well as payment requests that require Dean’s approval to ensure compliance with SMU’s CAP policies.
- Other School-related responsibilities
- Provide support for University-wide events e.g., Commencement, Open House, Admission Interviews etc.
- Assist the Assistant Dean and Unit Head to spearhead new initiatives within LKCSB to enhance operational efficiency.
- University degree/ professional qualification in Finance/Business/Accounting.
- 5 to 7 years experience in Finance and Accounting.
- Past or current work experiences in academic institutions will be an advantage.
- Strong data analytical skills with ability to set priorities.
- Good analytical and report writing skills.
- Advanced knowledge in MS Office (spreadsheets, word processing).
- Excellent communication skills, with fluency (spoken and written) in English.
- Good organizational, planning and customer service skills.
- Team player with demonstrated energy, drive, determination and persistence.
- Good working knowledge of SAP and Public Sector Procurement Framework will be an advantage.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University