Senior Manager, Construction Safety
Summary of Job Responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible for leading and managing the company’s safety management system and initiatives related to construction and equipment installation
- Provide leadership and management of the company’s safety management system and initiatives related to construction delivery and equipment installation.
- Provide technical / regulatory guidance to the staff and senior management and site trade contractors, on construction safety and regulatory development matters.
- Liaise with, and prepare and update all necessary Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) plans/reports as required by local statutory bodies
- Develop and implement construction specific procedures and monitor safety and environmental programs in compliance with employer and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that trade contractors plans, procedures, orientation, and induction material is compliant with employer and statutory requirements.
- Review trade contractor’s method statements and materials submissions and ensure relevant compliance.
- Ensure and audit trade contractors/workers to ensure valid Permits to Work are in operation and in compliance with approved method statements and statutory requirements.
- Liaise with employer operations departments, trade contractors and third parties as necessary to ensure approved sequencing and safe integration of building services/building works are executed to the approved HSE policies and plans within live operational environments.
- Define and track HSE performance indicators and report on performance to management and other relevant parties.
- Implement accident prevention programmes.
- Implement management system criteria into the construction project.
- Ensure trade contractors implement effective environmental control measures (dust, noise, garbage and smoke control) during implementation of the works at all times (in particular within live operations).
- Perform compliance audits and inspections to ensure compliance with employer and statutory requirements.
- Respond to emergencies, investigate incidents, and recommend corrective actions.
- Prepare and submit all reports, inspections, accident investigation and job hazard analysis/risk assessments of all trade contractors works.
- Carry out other HSE related assignments that may be assigned by the employer from time to time.
- Attend trade package contractor safety committee meetings.
- Attend employer project control group meetings and represent all matter relating to HSE.
- Attend other trade contractor ad-hoc meetings, as necessary.
- Encourage, lead and support safety and environmental initiatives by the employer and trade contractors.
- Encourage, lead and support safety and environmental awards schemes initiated by the employer and trade contractors.
Education & Certification
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Health, Safety and Environment education field
- A Specialist Diploma in Workplace, Safety and Health is required
- Candidate must be a registered Workplace, Safety & Health Officer and Environmental Control Officer
- Preference will be given to candidate who possess lead inspector / auditor certification with experience in management of Health, Safety and Environmental audit programs
Experience and Competencies
- 10 years of experience working in various Health, Safety and Environmental related construction roles on project site
- A good understanding of all local safety & health regulations is a must.
- Comprehensive knowledge of hazard identification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills