Senior Manager, Business Development (1-Year Contract)
- Manage a team of up to 5 in a high-growth startup
- Join a passionate team that is making a positive impact on the environment
Our client is a recently launched environmental enterprise built with the aim to protect and rehabilitate important natural landscapes around the world through a commercially viable business model.
The Business Development Manager will be in charge of new business development opportunities, business planning and corporate partnerships retention. You will also work closely with the COO on Strategic Plan implementation and contribute to product design.
Your responsibilities include:
- Leading the identification and acquisition of new corporate partners and clients.
- Researching and building strong relationships with new clients to plan individualised solutions, create relevant materials and proposals that meet the client's requirements and objectives.
- Working closely with the Top management to develop propositions, terms sheets, and contracts for new clients.
- Ensuring close coordination with the delivery team and the CCO to ensure alignment on the delivery of commitments.
- Leading the implementation of the entire onboarding process of projects from initial engagement, presentation of the pitch to the personalisation of the product, and taking the client through processes.
- Building and maintaining a solid network within the oil palm sector in Indonesia and Malaysia with corporate leaders and decision-makers to meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Attending industry functions and providing feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Presenting to and consulting with management on business trends with the objective of developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identifying opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in company uptake.
- Ensuring that data is accurately entered and managed within the Company’s CRM and /or other systems.
- Submitting bi-weekly progress reports.
- Working with the Communications team to ensure that the correct message is delivered to relevant corporate stakeholders.
- Training and mentoring the Business Development team and other internal staff.
- Working with key staff and junior Financial Analysts to describe and model future products/services/vehicles, to generate standard financial metrics which can be used to assess the operational cost and risks of new business opportunities.
- Engaging and consulting with potential clients for feedback on new environmental finance mechanisms under development.
- Obtaining anchor client buy-in and where necessary, anchor investments for development.
- You have at least a Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or related field, MBA is a significant plus.
- You have at least 5 years experience in a leadership and programme management position.
- You have at least 3 years' experience in marketing and communications.
- You have demonstrated, in-depth understanding of the palm oil market, its actors, and personal networks within the industry at the executive and other decision-maker levels.
- You also have demonstrated a track record in a similar business development position.
- You have applied experience of corporate sustainability policy, international sustainability standard and certification setting bodies.
- You must be willing to own, be responsible for and proactively lead tasks that are both above and below your skill level as the Company is new, so everyone has to contribute to some basic operating tasks.
- You must not be discouraged by temporary lack of clarity, systems and procedures and will thrive from the challenges of building and creating a well-oiled machine.
- You are able to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues
- You have highly proactive motivated leadership skills with steadfast resolve as well as professional and personal integrity.
- You are a proactive and enthusiastic individual who is self-motivated and brings inspirational positivity to the workplace
- You are an experienced professional in your mid to late-career who is passionate about the impact that your work has on the world.
- You are capable of working independently as well as being an effective team player.
- You have good interpersonal and communication skills to interact with people in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- You value the sharing of information and continuous improvement in a cooperative atmosphere of constructive evaluation and learning.
- Understanding of financial mechanisms development and workings considered a significant plus.
- Experience in both startup and large corporate settings would be a great advantage.
Snaphunt Pte Ltd