Senior Manager / Assistant Director, Sports & Community Programming - Singapore Sports Hub
The Sports & Community Programming oversees the overall management and execution of the project’s Sports & Community Programming objectives which sets out to implement the “PLAY” component of the sports strategy. To develop and promote all sports business and community programming and engagement initiatives. This will include all aspects of sports business and market understanding, community sports facilities management, programming and content curation, operations management, programme marketing, partnerships and community engagement.
We are now seeking an experience, dynamic and creative individual to join the Sports & Community Programming team at the Singapore Sports Hub.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Report directly to the Senior Director/Head of Department of SCP
- Support the HOD to implement the overall programming and community facilities operations management, risk mitigation and master-planning to build a vibrant Sports Hub through strong in-house venue operations management, programming mix, product portfolios and collaborative partnerships at large, driving footfall as key directives.
- To deliver and optimize community facilities usage, programme offerings and support outreach efforts for engagement.
- To plan, enhance and oversee the overall maintenance of the community facilities and reporting, satisfying the venue operating contractual needs.
- To plan and oversee the liaison of essential Sports Hub operations and Facility Management team so as to facilitate all areas of the smooth delivery of programmes and activities.
- To deliver productive usage of community facilities, fulfilling quality audit and assurance, processes and good practices.
- To manage programme operations, assess and implement a robust mix of content, injecting vibrancy to attract and sustain participation footfall across the full spectrum of in-house content and community engagement activities.
- Building and management of relationships with partners and stakeholders in ensuring the needs of differing KPIs are met.
- Any other duties as assigned.
1. Programming and Content Development
- Designing, curating and managing the programme and content portfolio that delivers Sports Hub as a “sports, entertainment, leisure & lifestyle” destination;
- To innovate, design and implement interest-based content that is appropriate for various target groups and market segment.
- To collaborate with appropriate partners for content implementation across the segment.
- To support outreach opportunities to maximize footfall.
- Budget management and control for programme operations.
- Assist with the development of ancillary in-house activities to support major events at Sports Hub (eg. Fan Zones, Festivals, etc) as required.
1.2 Community Facilities and Operations Management
- To plan, manage and operate seamlessly for public usage, risk and safety planning and management protocols, and enhance patrons’ experience across all community facilities within the venue including pay-per-use scheme (where applicable), chargeable content, and any other specific facility bookings.
- Manage, assess, mitigate and comply with operations processes and protocols.
- Management of equipment inventory and community facilities such as Hard Courts, Skate Park, Beach Volleyball, Lawn Bowls, Giant Chess, Exercise and Fitness Stations and Playground.
- To plan and enhance effectiveness of operations and logistics management for programming content.
- Manage the reporting and tracking of these community facilities public bookings.
- Plan the effective controls and budget plans of community facilities equipment and carry out process of administrative recommendations for any required specialised maintenance and/or servicing and procurement of new equipment.
- Oversee the community facilities operation and logistical planning and management with other facility operations/ departments/partners.
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders including logistic partners, vendors, venues team, contractors and partners as necessary to ensure successful delivery of in-house programming content and initiatives.
- To plan and manage staffing and roster.
- As assigned and any other tasks and responsibilities that will evolve within the general job scope.
- University Degree or Polytechnic Diploma.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in managing facilities, programming and content development. Experience in sports/ events/ facilities/ tourism/ recreation-lifestyle management a plus.
- Possess a “hands-on”, “do-it-now” and “can-do” attitude.
- Self-starter and possess natural drive to manage and learn new things and constantly to innovate, re-invent and improve.
- Independent, self-motivated, discipline, adaptable, able to think on the feet and solve problems with minimal supervision.
- Enjoy non-routine work and happy to work on weekends and odd hours.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Required to work through a roster system throughout Mondays to Sundays in accordance with the programming schedules.
- Regular office working hours are 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Mondays to Fridays.
SPORTSHUB PTE LTD