Senior Manager/ Assistant Director, Alumni Giving, Office of Advancement
- Postgraduate Alumni Giving (60%)
- Identify segments of the postgraduate (PG) alumni population who will be targeted for gifts. Develop strategy to cultivate, solicit, and steward target population. Strategies may include direct mail, email and Web communications, phone, and personal solicitations. The successful candidate must be comfortable approaching alumni for support.
- Analyze giving trends for target segments. Work strategically on personal solicitation through active identification, discovery and acquisition of new PG alumni donors. Support gift renewals and upgrades for the donor segment.
- Support the campaign execution for alumni groups who endeavors to raise funds collectively on specific milestones ie. Master of Science in Wealth Management 15th anniversary fundraising. Develop appropriate content for letters, brochures, stewardship materials and other materials needed to support these activities.
- Ensure proper reporting and stewardship of funds raised by working closely with the stewardship team.
- Make creative connections between and among people, events, programs, and their associated networks.
- Fundraising Campaign Support (30%)
- Support the Senior Associate Director in meeting the fundraising goals for the SMU Alumni Community Fund (ACF).
- Attend committee meetings, support the fundraising events initiated by alumni or alumni groups in support of the fund.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit for donations for SMU ACF.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team members to ensure there are synergies across the different fundraising platforms.
- Serve as an active alumni prospect identifier, moving alumni donors through the donor pyramid into the next giving level.
- High Net-Worth Parents Prospect Development (10%)
- Conduct research and maintain/ update information on prominent parents and surface these through the prospect management process.
- Active prospect pipeline development of high-net worth parents through the data-mining and identifying the appropriate activities for engagement.
- Develop plans and strategies for soliciting major and special gifts from parents of students and alumni, including the establishment of a Parents’ Fund in the future.
- Degree with at least 7 years of working experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong leadership skills and ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in all circumstances
- Self-starter, mature and able to work independently, at the same time, an effective team-player
- Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision
- Experience in relationship building roles and able to communicate and work with internal and external senior stakeholders
- Good CRM knowledge is required
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University