Senior Manager/Assistant Director (5-month contract), OCCM
This position is for Office of Corporate Communications and Marketing (OCCM).
Principal Communications Counsel and Media Engagement
- Build the University's brand and reputation by providing communications counsel to ensure consistent delivery of messaging for a specific group comprising a school and a few institutes, centres and offices.
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to understand their communication needs and objectives, provide appropriate media counsel and identify publicity opportunities across digital and print platforms.
- Proactively generate meaningful press coverage and manage press queries for the abovementioned schools, institutes, centres and offices; and develop various communication materials including speeches and content for the corporate website.
Internationalisation Publicity Efforts
- Build the University's brand and reputation as a regional hub of education and ideas, by driving awareness of SMU's internationalisation programmes and efforts to forge partnerships through SMU's international office.
Thought Leadership and Research Publicity
- Showcase SMU faculty’s thought leadership and drive awareness of their research through media pitches and commentary articles.
- Bachelor degree with at least 6 years of corporate communications experience.
- Excellent communication in English (spoken and written).
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work well in a team and across various levels.
- Keen interest in and good knowledge of national policy matters and global current affairs.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent persuasive skills and tact.
- Meticulous and a strong sense of urgency to meet tight media timelines.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University