Senior Manager (1-year contract), Institute of Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Manage and support Business Innovations Generator (BIG) Incubation Programme.
- Develop and manage the implementation of a strong incubation programme that would attract the best incubatees / startups and build greater success of these incubatees after participating in our programme.
- Manage a world-class mentorship programme that will provide startups with access to greater networks as well as relevant advice and guidance to achieve success.
- Mange the academic and global VC panel members as well as organise the meetings and discussions.
- Manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, to engage them in the operation, promotion and identification of opportunities for the incubator and SMU.
- Develop BIG's masterclass curriculum and pedagogy to empower founders with the knowledge and skills necessary for success.
- Develop and execute strategies for outreach, attracting and onboarding deserving and qualified innovative entrepreneurs, and startups, as well as to build camaraderie and peer support amongst the I&E community.
- Provide value-added support to incubatees across ideation, acceleration, investment and scale-up stage.
- Build portfolio of activities that draw the local and regional I&E community to the new innovation facility, serving as a base to attract new resources and partnerships.
- Develop marketing programmes that will raise awareness of SMU IIE incubation programme both locally and within SEA.
- Develop and implement policies governing the operation of the incubation programme and The Greenhouse facility.
- Manage funds by planning and developing the budget related to incubation programme and The Greenhouse facility, as well as monitor its related expenditure.
- Monitor, review and analyze the performance of the startups and the incubation programme for management reporting, ensuring tight management of milestones and progress of the startups.
- Degree / Post Graduate Degree from a reputable university, in business, marketing, education or related disciplines.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of relevant working experience.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Effective communication, presentation and stakeholder management skills.
- Detail-oriented and team-oriented with a strong desire to be successful.
- Able to think creatively and problem-solve in high pressure situations.
- Strong work ethic as well as a dedicated and positive attitude.
- A keen sense of ownership and accountability and act with a sense of urgency to meet tight deadlines.
- Think beyond own area of responsibility examining linkages and interactions between different parts of a system.
- Strong knowledge of budget, grant administration and financial management principles.
- Up to date with industry trends in the innovation and entrepreneurship eco-system.
- Prior experience working in a startup, or knowledge in innovation and entrepreneurship will be viewed favorably.
- Deep knowledge and network in the SE Asia innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem is a plus.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University