Senior Legal Counsel for Asia Pacifc
Roles & Responsibilities
Senior Legal Counsel to be based at our Singapore office reporting to our Chief Counsel International who is based at our London offices to provide high quality legal support to Broadridge’s businesses in Asia Pacific and overflow from Broadridge’s businesses in Europe (“Non-US Business”).
You’ll need an LLB or equivalent, be a Solicitor qualified in England and Wales or a Commonwealth jurisdiction and have a minimum of 7 years PQE. You’ll also have at least 2 years of experience from a reputable law firm (technology or general commercial department with some technology contract experience) and/or experience in drafting and negotiating complicated technology contracts from a large international technology company.
You’ll join our legal team giving advice, drafting and negotiating technology contracts, particularly software licence and maintenance contracts, ASP/SAAS contracts and BPO contracts (for sales (mainly) and procurement).
There are also commercial contracts – e.g. reseller and agency contracts, marketing services contracts, alliance/partnership contracts, procurement type contracts, MOUs and non-disclosure contracts which will need your expertise.
Other aspects of this role will include.
1. Advising on data protection/GDPR.
2. Studying proposed and existing legislations and application to business – e.g. anti-bribery, data protection and Shareholders’ Rights Directive II.
3. The research and analysis of legal issues and provision of opinions to business.
4. Reviewing and responding to RFPs/RFIs
5. The preparation, review and management of internal business policies – e.g. anti-bribery, data protection and employment.
6. Manage, and working with, external foreign legal counsels for contracts governed by foreign laws.
7. Co-ordination and assisting in representation of the company in legal disputes.