Senior/ Lead Network Engineer
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd | Date Posted: 10-Jul-2018
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Leading/Supervising a small workgroup/virtual workgroup, provide guidance and mentor to the team member (TM)
- Leading the technical support (including on-call as required) to evaluate problems and provide technical solutions for a 24x7 environment
- Responsible to install, configure, secure, maintain all network equipment
- Manage and monitor network utilization and performance.
- Identification, troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution of any issues relating to the properties’ IT Network.
- Follow established processes used by the team and participate in regular process review
- Escalate any unsolved issues to management in a timely manner, report performance issues when business is being impacted
- Participate in meetings, focus groups and configuration boards to ensure business needs are met
- Research, evaluate, recommend, design, test, implement and maintain new Network/WiFi systems
- Prepare functional specifications from which new Network/WiFi systems will be procured and implemented
- Participate in technical design reviews, system integration testing, load testing, and provide assistance during user acceptance testing
- Prepare and maintain standard operating procedures, network documentation, design diagrams, run books and user guides.
- Work with vendors and project management team to implement and complete projects.
- Maintain service standards defined in SLAs
- Degree in IT or Technology related curriculum preferred
- Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Formal training and certification in Network Management & Design
- Strong experience on network switching/routing &/or firewall configuration and management
- Minimum 8 years hands-on experience on network support, at least 3 year as team leader/tech leader
- Experience leading/supervising a small group or a technical leader.
- Experience in network hardware/software troubleshooting / performance tuning
- Experience in firewall support, maintenance & troubleshooting support
- Experience supporting and maintain a medium to large scale network
- Candidate who has Cisco, HP Procurve, Check Point, Palo Alto, Aruba preferred
- Experience in designing, implementing and supporting multicast network advantaged
Skills / Abilities / Presence
- Excellent communication skills, good interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Proven effective verbal and written communication skill
- Able to work in a highly critical environment
- Knowledge in maintaining a high availability network for a high pressured 24 hour business with high customer service expectation