Senior/IT Specialist($4000 - $5100, Town)
• Maintain communications with all departments to ensure systems continually meet their expectations.
• Scope, plan, manage and control local, regional as well as global IT projects consisting of one or more delivery streams including the development of new systems and applications.
• Maintain close working relationship with Corporate IT Production Support Manager to ensure that issues are being addressed for future software releases.
• Manage and drive improvements for current IT systems and provisions including virtual office, website, call-center & phone systems, inventory management, and CRM programs (JDE).
• Respond to desktop and software support inquiries; initiate and/or maintain a data base of incident report tickets; track open ticket activity and provide reports to specific work units on open hotline items.
• Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems, both hardware and software, for end-users and recommend and implement corrective solutions.
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
• Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to PC boxes, including the installation of CPUs, I/O and NIC cards, hard disks, ribbon cables, hard drives, RAM, memory chips, CD-ROMs, and so on.
• Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding IT processes and procedures.
• Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, network cards, and other components and equipment.
• Review and ensure that all systems have proper documentation and back-up procedures.
• Able to work under minimal supervision in order to meet deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
• Degree or Diploma in Information Technology
• At least 5 years’ of relevant experience. Extensive hands-on experience in a desktop support environment is a must.
• Experience on site support for software application development.
• Excellent technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware and software; including internal PC components.
• Basic experience with audio and video equipment.
• Experience with phone setup, MS Office, basic networking, Active Directory, and basic printer functions.
• Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience.
• Knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards.
• Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
• Experience with technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
• Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
• Knowledge of Agile development methodologies is a plus, but not required.
• Familiar with Jira, GIT,SVN, and Oracle technologies.
• Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
Please submit resumes to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] with the following details in MS Word format:
- Position applying for
- Current remuneration
- Expected remuneration
- Notice period
John Goh Meng Chye
EA License No : 06C4642
EA Reg No : R1102621