Senior IT Auditor (IT General Control)
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 7-Jan-2020
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Plan, perform, supervise, and coordinate the completion of assigned audits (mainly focusing on Information Technology General Controls audits, and regulatory/integrated IT/operational audits) of a moderately complex nature in accordance with approved audit programs and departmental and professional standards in established timeframes.
- Assist in establishing risk based audit work programs to effectively evaluate operations, based on best practices, regulatory requirements, and the operating environment.
- Observe and examine transactions, documents, records, reports, and procedures; prepare audit work papers recording and summarizing data pertinent to assigned audits.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness of operations while maintaining adequate controls to safeguard company assets.
- Demonstrate teamwork by responsively cooperating with other engagement team members, sharing information and ideas, accepting constructive feedback, and accepting additional assignments when appropriate.
- Work closely with internal audit management in promptly communicating issues and concerns as they relate to audit assignments and the general operation of the department.
- Reviews the work of other team members and challenges their understanding of audit areas and processes to assure adequate coverage.
- Communicate appropriately to process owners and management during and at the conclusion of fieldwork with regard to audit findings.
- Prepare formal written reports covering the results of audits and present audit findings and recommendations to executive management.
- Maintain excellent management client relations while communicating issues, concerns, and recommendations to management clients. Assist other internal auditors in maintaining excellent management client relationships.
- Perform follow up procedures to ensure agreed upon actions plans have been implemented by management as directed.
- Coordinate effectively with global audit team to complete global projects as assigned.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory requirements and professional standards.
- Assist with training of staff members in internal audit techniques, organizational issues, and departmental procedures and protocols.
- Participate in departmental initiatives and projects to develop a world-class internal audit function.
- Continue professional development through membership and participation in professional associations, development and presentation of in-house training programs, and continuing professional education.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree, in Information Technology, or equivalent, Management Information Systems, Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of full-time experience, applicable in Information Technology, Internal/External Audit, or Finance/Accounting.
- CPA, CISA, CISM, or CIA certification is highly preferred.
- Experience in using data analytics tools (e.g. Power BI, Spotfire, etc.) is highly preferred.
- Well-developed analytical, interpersonal, and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of auditing standards, principles and techniques.
- Prior experience at a “Big Four” public accounting firm highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements or security administration experience in iSeries, Windows and/or Linux environments preferred.
- Ability to work in a continuously changing environment.
- Must be able to establish good working relationships with audit staff and others.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Las Vegas Sands Corporation’s appearance standards.
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.