Senior IT Analyst (2-year contract), Office of Integrated Information Technology Services
Singapore Management University | Date Posted: 4-Jan-2019
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
- Gather user requirements, conduct feasibility study, design & develop solutions that are robust, scalable and mobile friendly.
- Support, maintain or enhance the pilot solution on trial.
- Work independently or with other members to develop, integrate, or implement new components to deliver new features.
- Manage integration partners, conduct code review and testing for developed or integrated products.
- Run IT Security scans for software and address the vulnerabilities in a timely manner.
- Create and update technical documentations and user manuals according to standards and guidelines set.
- Ensure timely completion and produce quality output.
- Conduct user training and provide user support.
- Provide integration support to other systems.
- Measure usage and effectiveness of solutions.
- Manage student helpers in User Acceptable Test (UAT), technical documentation and support work.
- Diploma/Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology with 5 or more years experience in web development using C#, ASP.NET, MVC, JQuery, AJAX, etc.
- Relevant certification like MCPD, MCTS, MCAD, MCSD.
- Strong understanding and work experience in web mark-up like HTML5, CSS3, XML, etc.
- Familiar with Learning Management System (LMS) integration, Data Analytics Tools and Mobile Technologies and Microsoft technologies (MS Enterprise Library, MS SQL Server, Azure Cloud) will be advantageous.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP).
- Deep knowledge of the .NET 4.0/4.5 Framework, including Visual Studio 2015/17, C#, ASP.NET, Entity Framework 4/5 and WCF Web Services.
- Strong experience designing and working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer) along with some experience with service-oriented architectures (SOA).
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing environment, learn new concepts and integration methods is necessary.
- Passionate about building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices.
- Strong ability to handle common version control system such as SVN and TFS.
- Knowledge of testing frameworks and terminologies such as TDD, NUnit and MbUnit.
- Ability to analyze and solves problems with innovative solutions and produce proper documentation.
- Experience in mobile applications development, web services development, Agile software development, open source program development, website design, AJAX technology, hardware & software setup and ability to deal with database problems is desirable.
- Completed at least 3 software development life cycles; actively involved in all phases of the life cycles and have experience in user support.
- Pro-active, independent, dedicated and responsible.
- A dynamic team player with good written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Singapore Management University