Senior IS Analyst / IS Analyst (2-year), IITS
- This position is for Office of Integrated Information Technology Services (IITS).
- Gather, analyse and translate business requirements to system specifications.
- Configure, administer and maintain enterprise applications supporting the University’s key domain areas of Research and Library Management.
- Manage project / maintenance plan, schedule, budget, resources, stakeholders, vendors and outsourcing contracts.
- Value-add by providing advice on best practices in using appropriate technology, reviewing and improving work processes, facilitating and supporting users' change management process and influencing alignment of changes with the overall organisation goals.
- Prepare test plans, lead and coordinate user-acceptance testing.
- Deliver project and system documentation according to the Project Development Methodology.
- Form good user relations by cultivating trust and building good rapport with users.
- Conduct post implementation reviews to gather users' feedback and plan for enhancements.
- Monitor new technologies / releases / patches and make recommendations.
- Ensure high quality of deliverables, and assist to review and QC team members' deliverables.
- Degree / Diploma in Computer Science, IT or related discipline.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably with hands-on experience as a business / functional analyst.
- Good experience in business requirements gathering and analysis.
- Prior IT experience in institutions of higher learning (in particular research management / administration) and SaaS application delivery (administering the setup and configuration) will be an added advantage.
- Certification in Business Analysis and / or Project Management (e.g. PMP, CITPM) will be useful.
- Good knowledge of software development life cycles and structured project development methodology.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, conflict management, negotiation, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proactive self-starter who is result-driven and a team player.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University