Senior IP Architect
Nitto Denko Asia Technical Centre Pte. Ltd.| Date Posted: 27-Oct-2020
Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Supporting inventors and business unit to ensure IP-related needs (e.g., patent application and prosecution activities, protection of trade secrets, support of freedom-to-practice activities, proactive IP space mapping for determination of strategic opportunities) are being fulfilled.
- Analysis of Official Action/Written Opinion, develop and draft appropriate arguments including claim amendments.
- Conducting prior art search and strategize scope of patent protection.
- Continually review all R&D projects to monitor for patentability and IP risks.
- Conduct IP assessments of business risks that includes right-to-use studies and patent analyses for infringement and validity issues.
- Summarise key findings on prior art search results legibly.
- Helping inventors and business unit prepare invention disclosures.
- Supporting inventors throughout the patent application process.
- Liaising with patent agents and assist in drafting patent applications, including patent claims including exemplary embodiments.
- Assisting to perform competitive and technical intellectual-property analyses and providing patent status updates to the inventors to help them understand where the application(s) reside in the prosecution timeline.
- Contributing and participate in IP Committee meetings, as appropriate.
- Traveling to support overseas R&D operations, as appropriate.
- As assigned, where appropriate.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s / PhD degree in Computer Science and/or Computer Engineering or Electrical and Electronics Engineering, preferably some knowledge in any of the discipline Network, Software, Electrical and Electronics.
- Singapore Citizens preferred.
- Some knowledge in web-based research (e.g. using various online patent and journal databases.)
- Patent Examination Skillset desirable but not essential.
- A keen reader, researcher and problem solver.
- Primarily focused on patent work needing 3 or more years of experience.
- Work with close attention and meticulous with details in a structured manner.
- Good analytical, verbal and writing communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, understand complex technologies and summarise concepts.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal, analytical and organisational skills.
- Commitment to produce detail-oriented, high-quality work product.
- Preferably working knowledge of IP law matters and familiar with patent process.
- Strong English language writing and verbal skills. A third language in Japanese and/or Thailand Language, would be an advantage. (in order to liase with Japanese/Thailand language speaking associates)
Interested candidates please apply via the Apply Now button. Please include the following information in your resume:
- Last drawn salary,
- Expected salary
- Notice period.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates would be notified.
Nitto Denko Asia Technical Centre Pte. Ltd.