Senior Investment Director (Singapore)
Salary: S$172,073 per annum total remuneration
Term: 3 years
Reports to: Trade and Investment Commissioner, Singapore supporting the ASEAN Team
Located at Austrade Singapore Office, this Senior Investment Director position is a key business development role designed to assist attracting productive foreign direct investment (FDI) into Australia. Sectors of focus are aligned to Government priorities and may vary from time to time. This role focuses on Resources & Energy, including clean energy, Agritech, and the Tech and Innovation sector.
This position requires a highly motivated team member to deliver on business objectives, as outlined in the Singapore business plan, including the achievement of team and individual outcomes. Experience in business development and corporate analysis, preferably in an international environment, is essential.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Targeting potential investors: identifying, analysing and working closely with potential corporate investors in Singapore to secure new FDI for Australia. This will involve researching and presenting tailored information on industry capability, and articulating the commercial benefits of investing in Australia.
- Representing Austrade: delivering compelling presentations at business events and in C-level meetings to promote the advantages of Australia as an investment destination.
- Applying investment strategy: identifying and reporting issues or barriers to investment to the Australian government and proposing innovative solutions which will increase results
- Managing stakeholders: developing and maintaining senior level government and industry networks in Singapore and Australia. This will include networks with other Australian federal and state government agencies, as well as industry associations, regional development groups and professional service providers.
- Managing information: using internal databases and market intelligence to support better work practices and market entry information for the benefit of the broader Singapore and ASEAN team.
- Upholding Austrade principles: working as part of an Austrade team and maintaining Austrade standards and policies, including diversity in the workplace, ethical practice, occupational health and safety principles and compliance with audit requirements.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
Austrade thrives when its teams are made up of people from different backgrounds, cultures, genders, education, training, interests and skills. When looking for a successful candidate for this role we will consider the following:
- Demonstrated track record of achieving results in a commercial environment and the ability to apply this experience to achieve productive FDI results for Australia in priority sectors.
- Demonstrated experience in client relationship management encompassing client identification, relationship building and solution selling, as well as proven ability to identify and utilise a senior business network to help achieve results preferably in an international context.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with a particular ability to:
- influence and negotiate agreement with multiple stakeholders
- promote Australia to a broad range of audiences including CEOs and senior government officials
- communicate complex ideas clearly and coherently, both verbally and in writing, and adapt style to match the audience and the situation.
- Excellent understanding of the benefits of FDI, how corporate investment decisions are made and the capacity to understand and convincingly promote Australia’s competitive advantage, government policy and business support programs.
- Strategic and analytical skills and proven problem solving abilities with the ability to clearly articulate insights on business opportunities and market trends.
- Experience in business planning and successful execution of business plans within a team environment to deliver on KPIs.
- Well-developed time management skills and proven experience of working independently and in a team.
We are the Australian Trade and Investment Commission – or Austrade – and we’re responsible for promoting Australian trade, investment and education to the world.
We help Australian businesses grow by linking them to global export opportunities; we attract international investment to help Australia reach its economic potential; we help start-ups innovate and go global and we promote Australia's leading-edge education services to the world to help drive growth within this sector. Our tourism policy and programs also help to build a thriving tourism industry.
With over 80 offices around the world, we are a globally focused and inclusive employer who invests in our people. See if we are the type of organisation you want to work for by finding out more about us on our website.
HOW TO APPLY:
Now that you are familiar with Austrade, we want to hear about you! By referencing the duties of the role, you should outline in a cover letter how your skills, experience and qualifications make you the right candidate. We are interested to hear why you would like to work for Austrade, and understand how your personal attributes (in addition to your professional skills) can add value to Austrade.
Please attach a concise resume to your application and the details of two referees who can confirm your credentials and discuss your suitability for the role.
Applications will be accepted via Austrade’s online recruitment system, eRecruit. Submit your online application through the Austrade Employment Page by 11:30pm (Singapore time) Sunday 18 August 2019
Only candidates who complete their application in Austrade’s online recruitment system will be considered. For assistance with the online recruitment system contact [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must have:
ñ Work Authorisation - Applicants must currently be legally authorised to reside and work in Singapore. Austrade will not provide any sponsorship letter, nor be directly involved in work visa application processes.
ñ Qualification - A minimum Bachelor level relevant tertiary qualification (for example but not limited to International Business/Economics/Marketing or industry-related disciplines).
ñ Experience - Minimum 5 years’ experience in an investment attraction, business development or a similar role.
ñ Language - The position requires a highly motivated individual, fluent in written and spoken English, and one Singaporean official language Malay, Mandarin Chinese, Standard Mandarin or Tamil.
ñ Security - The successful applicant must be willing to undergo Austrade’s pre-engagement assessment process and to undergo security clearance to Entry Level as a condition of employment.
ñ Experience in or knowledge of the Resources and Energy, including Clean Energy, Agriculture, Agritech, and the Tech/Innovation sectors.
Austrade is part of the Australian Government, and our recruitment process can differ from the usual in-country practice. To find out more please refer to the Austrade Employment Page. Austrade is a strong supporter of equal employment opportunities, you can see how we are building a culture of diversity and inclusion here.
Australian Trade and Investment Commission