SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR
Req. ID: 120547
Senior Internal Auditor:
As a Senior Internal Auditor at Micron, you will assist your supervisor to ensure successful completion of assigned projects - primarily in Asia Pacific and Europe regions.
You will primarily be responsible for:
- conducting internal financial and / or operational audits for your region;
- developing formal written reports to communicate audit results to management in the region, and making resulting recommendations;
- taking on an expert role that will analyze issues, make well-reasoned recommendations, and solve problems.
You will also be expected to identify issues and drive change in the region. An additional responsibility would be to act as a mentor and resource to other less senior members of the team, within the region or the global / corporate team.
The detailed responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
(a) Plan and Execute Internal Financial and / or Operational Audits
- Review operational, financial controls and operating systems for information integrity of transaction documents;
- Demonstrate clear understanding of business processes and identify key risks;
- Adhere to a risk based audit approach and assess established business process controls;
- Prepare project related audit plans and programs and understand specific areas to be evaluated;
- Assist in SOX related testing, as required;
- Facilitate work of external auditors during on-site visits, as required.
(b) Develop Formal Written Reports in English
- Ensure reports are accurate, adequate, and in compliance with organizational and legal guidelines;
- Communicate audit results to management and relevant stakeholders;
- Report discrepancies.
(c) Provide Expertise and Consultation
- Work on problems of limited scope and create concise analysis of situations or data;
- Problem solve while adhering to professional concepts and company policies and procedures;
- Make appropriate recommendations regarding financial and operating systems;
- Recommend viable risk-based Internal Audit projects via continuous risk assessment at workplace, training and research.
(d) Participate in Project Management
- Participate in special projects, investigations, as needed or requested by management;
- Adhere to the Institute of Internal Auditors Code of Ethics requirements for maintaining integrity, objectivity, confidentiality, and competence in the performance of project tasks;
- Collaborate and assist with workloads.
(e) Lead or collaborate with other Regional or Corporate Internal Audit team members on large-scale and/or complex projects to ensure successful planning, execution and communication of audit results.
(f) Perform timely follow-up on all open audit observations assigned.
(g) Conduct and assist in special projects, or as required by your supervisor or the Internal Audit Management;
(h) Develop ‘trusted business advisor’ relationship with key members of management and staff to promote and sustain positive image of Micron Internal Audit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy / Finance / Business;
- Professional certification, such as CPA, CA, CIA or CISA preferred;
- Eight (8) years of auditing experience preferred, with some experience with the ‘Big 4’ Public Accounting Firms;
- Good appreciation of a risk based auditing approach;
- Proficient in Excel; experience in SAP and data analytics (with tools like ACL, ACCESS, etc.) would be an advantage;
- Excellent communications skills in English and Mandarin; both verbal and written, with good report writing capabilities;
- Ability to work independently, as well as, in a team setting, under pressure and meet deadlines for audit projects;
- Flexibility towards continually changing environment and reporting needs;
- Continuously work to improve existing processes, in terms of effectiveness and efficiency. A strong ability to understand process workflows, risks and controls is expected;
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and business partnering skills - ability to forge strong and effective working relationships across a variety of stakeholder groups within the organization, involving different level of management;
- Some prior exposure in handling special projects, investigations etc., as requested by management, on an ‘as needed’ basis would be an advantage;
- Ability to travel for overseas projects at short notice (expected travel component: around 25%).
- Some prior exposure in using auditing software tools like Teammate will be advantageous.
Site: F10N, 1 North Coast Drive, Singapore 757432
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: SINGAPORE || North East (SG-02) || Singapore (SG) || SGA || Experienced || Regular || Accounting/Finance || #LI-KL1 ||
Job Segment: Internal Audit, Audit, ERP, SAP, Finance, Technology, Research
Micron Semiconductor Asia
Micron Technology is a world leader in memory and semiconductor technology. We offer the industry’s broadest portfolio of silicon-to-semiconductor solutions starting with foundational DRAM, NAND, and NOR Flash memory, and extending to SSDs, modules, MCPs, HMC, and other semiconductor solutions. For more than 38 years, Micron has dedicated itself to collaborating with customers and partners to engineer technology that drives innovation and transforms what’s possible. We continually rethink, recast, and advance new ideas to make it easier for customers to try new things and gain competitive advantages in their markets.