Senior Gameplay Programmer (AI for Video Games)
- Excellent opportunity to work with a global Video Game company.
- Generate exhilarating & unforgettable gameplay experiences
Our client is a leading game development firm in the Asia Pacific and is part of a global video game company. The Singapore branch has been here for more than a decade with a multicultural team of over 30 different nationalities.
As a Senior Gameplay Programmer, you will work on game elements that are not controlled by the players (for e.g. NPC/enemy actions and behaviours) that enrich the overall game experience.
Your responsibilities include:
- Writing clear and well-structured C++ code while bearing in mind performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements.
- Collecting, interpreting and analyzing the technical feasibility of AI specifications.
- Analyzing and determining if current AI functionalities in the game engine meet the project’s AI requirements.
- Suggesting technical improvements while designing and implementing new AI systems.
- Collaborating with designers to discuss technical constraints and establish technical solutions for varying AI functionalities.
- Proposing technical innovations inspired by industry leaders.
- Verifying and validating that newly developed systems conform to the project’s AI goals without negatively affecting existing code.
- Supporting AI functionalities and systems designed for the production.
- Finding and fixing AI bugs flagged by quality control and teams from other disciplines.
- Documenting work to transfer system knowledge allowing users to understand the use of new AI functionalities.
- You possess a Degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering and have at least 5 years’ experience in programming AI for video games or related disciplines.
- You also have relevant experience working on AAA titles, current and next-gen consoles.
- You have an aptitude for solving complex analytical and logical problems
- You are an extremely detail-oriented person who is also flexible enough to adapt to a fast-paced changing environment.
- You are a driven individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- You are team-oriented.
Snaphunt Pte Ltd