Senior / First VP, Payments Product Development Manager, Group Wholesale Banking
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Wholesale Bank function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Our mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients.Job Responsibilities
Reporting to the Team Head of Cash Product Development, the position will be part of the GWB Product Development team leading the Payments Transformation project for Group Wholesale Bank. The incumbent will work closely with Product Managers, Technology, Operations and Business Segments to identify and develop payment product capabilities and drive strategic payment transformation initiatives.
- In conjunction with Product Managers, work with business units in Group Wholesale to identify product development opportunities based on customer needs, competitive landscape, data analysis and market research. Develop strategic product roadmap.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to constantly enhance and innovate existing product capabilities to address changing customer requirements and increase product competitiveness.
- Deliver new product development within defined objectives in close collaboration with Product Managers and Project Managers on scope and timelines of new and enhanced products.
- Build business requirements (BRD) as the basis for Technical Development, Operational processing model and other cross functional departments to build systems, procedure and materials to support product development and ongoing product enhancements.
- Work with Technology and Operations in formulating end-to-end solutions to meet business requirements.
- Collaborate with technology to review Functional Specifications (FSD) and ensure they are aligned to Business Requirements.
- Deliver new product development within defined objectives, including roll out to overseas branches and subsidiaries.
- Review Test Scenarios & Scripts and work closely with Development and User Acceptance Test (UAT) team to troubleshoot, analyze and resolve product development issues.
- Formulate strategies on driving Payments Transformation within Group Wholesale Banking.
- Lead multi-functional teams in formulating, designing and implementing Payments Transformation initiatives across Group Wholesale Bank.
- Work with product owners and key business partners to ensure end-to-end integrity of final delivered solutions, processes and documentation.
- More than 10 years of working experience in working with Payments/Transaction Banking products with a proven track record in implementing successful innovative solutions and digital strategies
- Strong understanding of the payment value chain from both a customer journey perspective and also a product development lens.
- Experience in Payment Transformation initiatives in the wholesale banking space is strongly preferred.
- Must possess with very strong cross-platform digital and technical knowledge and up-to-date with the latest market development.
- A proven track record of leading complex projects to completion.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)