Senior Finance Analyst - (5.0-6.5K)
• Overhead processing: control the processing of overhead costs, recharges and employee expenses, ensuring timely posting, accurate P&L account allocation and appropriate treatment with regards to indirect taxes. With the implementation of iPOS, this includes coordinating with various departments like IT and HR to ensure that requisitions and other iPOS steps are completed on a timely basis
• Accounts payable: ensure overhead invoices and employee expenses are properly validated and authorized according to the delegation of authority schedules and paid on schedule
• Cash accounting: control the processing of all bank transactions and maintain tight control of bank suspense accounts and any automatic or manual cash allocations
• Balance sheet control and reporting: account, reconcile and act to clear outstanding items from the following perspectives
• Aged debt and Aged credit
• Overhead accruals and prepayments
• Balance sheet revaluation
• Fixed assets and depreciation
The General Accounting duties are currently supported by a temp Analyst, so the current focus is to supervise the temp Analyst and ensure deliverables.
• Gross margin processing: control the processing of daily flow of all trading invoices from the trading system to both the invoice analysis database and the financial ledgers in a timely manner (up to posting and analysis only, not settlement, netting or cash allocation).
• Gross margin control: maintain the link and the reconciliation between the financial accounting system and the invoice analysis database (Qlikview and Simba posting tables) on a virtually real-time basis.
• Gross margin analysis: On a regular basis compare invoices received to accruals/deals to identify posting errors, prior period adjustments, incorrect deal valuations, incorrect invoices, or weaknesses in the actual / accrual processes or systems, and clearly communicate findings to the Trading Control, Middle Office, Back Office or IT teams as appropriate.
• Exchange reconciliations and cash allocations: Ensure the accurate reporting of, and reconciliation between, Book and Exchanges, the accurate allocation of cash to the P&L, and follow-up any issues in a timely manner.
• Intercompany reconciliations: On a quarterly basis, report the intercompany P&L and outstanding balance sheet items with group companies and on a quarterly basis, agree these values directly with the particular counterparts.
Forecasting & Reporting
• Prepare monthly management accounts and reports and provide analysis of significant variances
• Prepare quarterly GST returns
• Assist in preparation of quarterly consolidation reports and related variance analysis within reporting deadlines
• Assist in preparation of annual budget of P&L, overheads
• Assist in preparation of Long-term plan
Banking / Treasury
• Assist in administration of bank accounts, both with external banks and internal Treasury
• Monitoring and management of daily cash positions
• Assist in monitoring outstanding receipts from counterparts
• Assist in monitoring of prudential requirements of Australian Energy Markets Operator and ensure that adequate credit support is provided by putting up short-term margin top-ups.
• Assist in preparation of audit and tax schedules, as required by statutory auditors and tax agents and responding to their queries
The position covers a wide spectrum of activities ranging from accounting and financial reporting to treasury. From time to time, the position holder will be required to act as a back-up to the Finance Manager. The position-holder must be proactive in completing tasks and to demonstrate the ability to prioritise the various tasks.
in particular the position holder must be able to manage a good working relationship with the commercial teams locally and overseas offices
The position is responsible for:
• Accurate accounting, validation, authorization and timely settlement of overhead invoices
• Accurate accounting and reconciliation of trade invoices
• Timely clearing of outstanding items in aged debt and credit reports
• Ensure reconciliation of balance sheet items and appropriate accruals are made
• Timely and accurate preparation of GST returns and other statutory reports
• Act as deputy for Finance Manager as required
- qualified CIMA, ACCA or equivalent qualification,
- min 5-6 years of relevant working experience.
- A numeric degree is desirable.
Knowledge of double entry book-keeping, business accounting and proficiency in Excel is essential.
Experience of Sun accounting system would be an advantage.
Adaptable and able to manage varying priorities.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Location – Tanjong Pagar - Energy trading industry
- 5 days work week
- Salary commensurate with experience
Please submit resumes to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] with the following details, in MS Word format:
Position applying for
Quek Hong Guek
EA License No : 06C4642
EA Reg No : R1981137
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified