Senior Executive, Market Research
Summary of the role
As a member of the Research team within the Marketing department, you will be managing projects under the guidance of the Associate Director to work towards assisting Marina Bay Sands to have better understanding of the needs and expectations of our most valuable customers including high-net-worth individuals, how best to market to them and create products and experience tailored to them, to make MBS the destination of choice above our competitors.
Marina Bay Sands being an integrated resort to both local and overseas guests, your scope of work will encompass bespoke studies for the business units; Gaming (Casino), Hotel, F&B, Nightlife, Retail/Mall, MICE, Museum, Theatre & entertainment & attractions.
- Responsible for projects and research needs as required by the business units; Ensure compliant with internal data policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs), best practices at all times.
- Perform campaign tracking and concept testing to drive profit and improve customer experience, including brand perception
- Understand stakeholders’ (internally and externally) business needs and translate it back into a research need and objective to craft a project brief.
- Execute on survey/study to deliver insights and actionable proposals.
- Derive the insights & obtain the data required, you will be fully managing each phase below for research solutions and synthesize the data into insights, findings and recommendations in a report or presentation:
- Surveys directed to consumers/ our loyalty members (through SMS/email/others)
- Loyalty & Point of Sale database dashboards (already created and in place)
- Working with Full service agencies; Qualitative, Quantitative and Brand tracking
- Direct services agencies; panel provider & (intercept) fieldwork agencies
- Syndicated/Secondary/ paid subscription agencies
- Ideate and innovate to derive customers’ insights in the changing landscape of research methodology, looking into (not limited to); Market Research Online Community (MROC), social tracking, new efficient areas of getting feedback, semiotics & cultural studies, digital ethnography.
- Manage internal tracking on KPIs and figures across multiple departments and business units
- Perform administrative tasks for the Research department, including areas such Procurement & Contracting (ARIBA). IT service requests, agency liaison, human resources, Finance and others.
- Any ad-hoc duties as assigned
Education & Certification
- Degree in Marketing, Business, Economics, Commerce, Statistics or related fields.
- Candidates without the required educational level but comes with more years of relevant experience is welcomed to apply.
- Relevant working experience of at least 2 year in market research role or function.
Research agency experience would be advantageous.
- Experience with working with a database dashboard or platform preferred.
- Strong analytical and research capabilities. A naturally inquisitive and consumer behavior insight hungry individual would excel in this role. The role is ideal for those who are able to ask the ‘WHY’ and be able to derive the answers to better understand our customers & their needs.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications (essential to at least have an advance grasp of Microsoft excel) Prior experience preferred: Tableau/ Spotfire (creator or user access) or Facebook Insights.
- Must be able to work with survey platforms (Qualtric or similar) to develop moderately complex surveys with scripting and logics. Be able to work with raw data (on excel) to develop the tables needed to derive insights to the client’s objective.
- Proficient in Campaign Measurement, Segmentation, Hypothesis & A/B Testing, customer journey design etc. will be an added advantage.
- Ability to manage research agency for respective projects and value add both ways when interacting with the agency to provide additional client side perspective and to internal clients about research best practices & provide insights.
- Ability to efficiently source for secondary research on the internet
- Possess a systematic, detailed drive and approach to project management
- Excellent time management; high attention to detail.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication in English
- Good verbal and written communication in Mandarin is required for reviewing translated materials for our Chinese markets.