Senior Executive , Life Safety
Summary of Job Responsibilities
As member of the Life Safety Team, the Senior Executive is to provide both fire safety and emergency response support to the property.
The Senior Executive will be responsible for ensuring the safety of the Team Members, contractors and guests by assessing fire risks, implementing action plans and ensuring compliance to any Global procedures and local regulations. He / She will also represent MBS as the Senior Fire Safety Manager to any internal or external stakeholders when required.
- Ensure fire safety requirements in the property and Emergency Response Plan (ERP) are complied with.
- Conduct enforcement checks within the property and ensure any fire hazards are removed promptly.
- Coordinate with the internal stakeholders to conduct fire drills for team members in the property at least 4 times in every calendar year.
- Assist the Manager to organize campaigns, trainings, contests and other activities which will develop and maintain the interest of the team members within the property in establishing a fire safe environment.
- Ensure that at all times the occupant load of any part in the property does not exceed the capacity prescribed under the Fire Code.
- Lead and/or participate in fire investigation and reporting with assigned Division Safety Committees. Ensure investigation is completed thoroughly and timely follow-up of all recommended actions by the stake holders.
- Lead and/or participate in conducting fire hazard identification and fire risk assessment on all projects and events in the property.
- Work closely with Facilities to ensure maintenance and reliability of the fire protection system and emergency response equipment are carried out diligently.
Education & Certification
- Candidate must possess at least a Polytechnic Diploma in any field.
- Senior Fire Safety Manager Certification from SCDF is a must.
- Preference will also be given to candidates who are currently registered Fire Safety Manager (FSM) and able to obtain the Senior Fire Safety Manager Certification within 1 year of employment
- WSQ Advance Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health is an advantage.
- At least 5 year(s) of working experience in Fire Safety Management, preferably 3 years in similar industry
- Proven experience leading a team of Company Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- A good understanding of local regulations (Fire Safety Act and CERT) and Fire Code is a must.
- Comprehensive knowledge of fire hazard identification
- Knowledgeable in incident investigation.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.