Senior Executive (16-month contract), SMU International Office
- Assist in the implementation of strategies / action plans to engage and forge partnerships with leading higher education institutes for the purpose of student and faculty exchanges, joint-programmes, research collaborations and other collaborative initiatives;
- Raise SMU's global profile, including coordinating SMU's participation in international education forums and networks, working with SMU schools, institutes, centres and labs, to promote and profile their programmes and research, e.g. through forums/dialogues.
- Running of student programmes.
- Assist in the collation, analysis and evaluation of markets, partnerships and programmes;
- Development and implementation of a marketing and communications plan to adance and meet the Office’s strategic goals and outcomes of initiatives, including drafting and preparing speeches, presentations and web stories.
- Preparation of IO’s recommendations to management on SMU's external engagement and international relations, as well as the hosting of incoming visits by partners/higher education institutes, and supporting out-going visits by SMU management.
- Degree in communications or in International Relations, or fields of study with a global-orientation.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in the international education sector or working on cross-cultural exchanges at the people-to-people level, or in similar fields of work.
- Proven high-level skills in partner and project/event management – working with diverse teams and across cultures to achieve objectives, as well as in business development, analysis and cultural appreciation of foreign countries/markets.
- Analytical and strategic thinker.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Meticulous with an eye for detail and keen appreciation of good documentation.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing tasks and deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University