- Responsible for the maintenance and improvement of existing disease surveillance/database systems
- Developing new surveillance/database systems using novel data sources and methods.
- Responsible for the production of timely surveillance systems reports.
- Responsible for regular auditing and feedback to stakeholders of the completeness, timeliness and utility of data flows in surveillance systems.
- Provide expert epidemiological input into communicable and non-communicable diseases prevention programmes and clinical and epidemiological research portfolio of the department.
- Provide expert epidemiology and public health advice into administrative and clinical decision making or policies in and wider audience.
- Lead and drive epidemiological research to improve patient care and enhance infection and disease prevention
- Responsible for the supervision and teaching of junior Epidemiologists in the department.
- Work closely with and be accountable to the Epidemiology Lead, and Consultant(s)
- Undertake infectious disease incident investigation and management such as outbreaks in hospitals and communities as and when required.
- Actively participate as a member or team lead for quality improvement projects of Hospital-wide / Departmental level.
- Provide leadership input in the design, conduct and analysis of special questionnaires/surveys; contact tracing and data collection/handling.
- Contribute to the design, management and interrogation of databases.
- Leadership responsibility for data management processes from input to extraction and cleaning for analysis.
- Provide sound statistical knowledge for appropriate epidemiological analysis of data.
- Contribute to the teaching programmes of the department/hospital/other institutions.
- Contribute to and write scientific reports and articles.
- Actively present at conferences and publish in peer-reviewed journals
- Perform line management of junior staff in the department.
- Carry out any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Supervisor and/or the Head of Department.
- Exhibit understanding of the ethical, legal and technical obligations relating to confidentiality of medical and personal identifiable information.
- Good interpersonal skills, the ability to work in a team and a willingness to travel to different locations if required.
- Preferably a medical-related basic degree (MBBS or MD or BSc Nursing) but Degree holders in Life Sciences / Mathematics / Statistics may also apply.
- At least a Masters degree in Public Health (with a focus in epidemiology) or Epidemiology.
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of surveillance including data management, data transmission, data security, data quality, data analysis including descriptive statistics and graphics and data reporting.
- Possess work experience in health-related setting such as hospitals, public health organizations and academic institutions.
- Experience with surveillance databases; hospital laboratory databases; medical research and clinical trials.
- Understand healthcare systems; principals and practice of epidemiology, and proven knowledge and skills in data analysis and proficient with using at least one Statistical Software package (SAS/STATA/SPSS/R).
- Ability to develop and maintain databases, extract and analyze data using appropriate databases and spreadsheets including Excel, Access or EpiData / EpiData analysis
For interested candidates, please send your most recent and updated resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
Subject heading: Epidemiologist
Michelle Lee Ser Min
Recruit Express Pte Ltd
EA License No: 99C4599
EA Personnel No: R1440070
Recruit Express Pte Ltd