Senior Engineering Manager/Deputy Head of Ops (LOCATION CYBERJAYA MALAYSIA)
Due to expansion of our client's business, we continue to look for suitable candidates to work at our client's data centre sites at Cyberjaya, Malaysia. Write to us if you are an individual who has experience in the activities listed below, and is keen to take up new challenges!
- Responsible for critical operations function management and effective daily leadership and administration of a portfolio of data centers critical operations and 24x7 engineering team with the objectives of safely, efficiently, and reliably operating, and maintaining the critical engineering infrastructure, systems, and equipment in a cost-effective manner.
- Performing as a subject matter expert in one or more critical environment electrical/mechanicals systems, infrastructure, and operational practices and must ensure the highest level of professionalism, while meeting the customer’s needs, and a commitment to achieving the goal of 100% uptime.
- Responsible for protecting and improving the value of Company assets and ensuring the critical engineering systems reliably perform their intended function. Position may require some hands-on operations on the critical facility systems and equipment especially during system trouble shooting.
- Work requires strong formal conduct of operations skills, technical expertise, personal accountability, and flawless execution of work activities commensurate with a highly critical environment and associated expectations for exceptional customer satisfaction and confidence.
- Supervise and oversees critical operations function delivering their assigned duties in good order through site inspections, one to one meeting, team meeting and department meeting. Ensure vendor maintenance are properly correct out with good workmanship and vendor staff are appropriately trained.
- Responsible for oversight of the overall operation, maintenance, and modification of all critical environment building systems including: Mechanical (including ACMV, computer room air conditioners, chillers, and hydraulic system), Electrical (including HT switchgear, UPS, DC battery systems, PDU, HT generators and transfer switches), cabling (including data and voice, broad band), fire detection and suppression, life safety, lighting, building management systems, and detection systems (including fire alarm, duress, card access, CCTV). Also has strong skills and experience in raised floor critical operating environments and associated procedures and best practices.
- Accountable for the proper operations of monitoring center, which is the nerve center of the Data Centre. Ensuring the team deliver all tasks properly and professionally involving monitoring of building management system, incident management (work includes escalation, reporting, investigation, conduct root caused analysis, remediation/rectification through incident closure) and work order management.
- Responsible for ensuring customer’s service level agreement are in compliance at all time, the SLA covers such as incident escalate to customer within 15 minutes upon reported to monitoring centre, written incident report issue within 24 hours, etc.
- Responsible for the engineering team implementations of Change Control Application or work method statement including LOTO (log out/tag out) required under Change Management Workflow Process for assigned facilities and systems.
- Responsible to identify the appropriate maintenance strategies for each facility and incorporate those objectives into a documented plan that includes preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance procedures for the critical operations team to roll out.
- Review and approve all SOP and ERP put forth by the respective critical operations Lead Engineers. Ensuring the engineering team have in depth understanding of the critical system/facilities SOP and ERP.
- Develop and implement a safety plan for your engineering team to follow such as use of appropriate PPE for different work tasks, daily tool-box meeting, work risk management and enhancement plan, etc.
- Ensure that compliance of all regulatory laws and guidelines are met as they relate to the operation of the building’s infrastructure and including work deliveries. Responsible for alerting your reporting manager or senior management of any discrepancies.
- Work with HSE manager to identify safety hazards within the building and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building’s staff and occupants work in a safe environment.
- Develop routine annual maintenance plans and capital plans which would include planning for infra-structure upgrades, equipment replacements and building modifications to ensure the building’s future capabilities are maintained.
- Provide technical input and support to facility projects and modifications, including construction support, commissioning, and final acceptance, as applicable.
- Ensure all records and compliance documentation for all function operations are maintained and up to date, including building drawings and single-lines as well as documentation mandated for the purpose of maintaining regulatory compliance with State or Local law.
- Ensure maintenance contract are in place to cover regular maintenance for all engineering service, soft services, EHS and security system. Establish contract with vendors if not in place. OEM must be employed for critical system maintenance.
- Maintain effective communication with operation team, customers and vendors.
- Ensure timely submission of relevant reports on agreed timing such as monthly basis as required under the requirement of Company’s MSA with customer. Be familiar with Company’s contracted SLA with customer and ensure full compliance at all time.
- Ensures that programs and procedures are in place to ensure vendors are effectively and consistently trained and qualified for their assigned facilities and associated work in Company’s critical environment.
- Ensure security team and engineering team keep records of buildings rounds and readings, all engineering logs and engineering data sheets.
- Understands the engineering design and operational aspects of the portfolio’s critical facilities, systems, equipment, and occupying critical lines of business. Ensures system critical facility and system shortcomings are identified and understood.
- Manages the planning, organization, and controls for the site engineering teams under your responsibility. Formally supervises individual employees and/or subordinate supervisors within your function. Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating direct reports. Responsible for disciplinary action, and performance evaluation of the critical operations team under you.
- Must be willing to operate after office hours and public holiday, 24 x 7 available on-call. Under emergency situation return to Data Centre to conduct fault investigation.
- Professional Engineering Diploma in an Engineering field (Mechanical or Electrical) with min. 13-15 years of relevant work experience in Data Centre environment or Hi-tech factory/plant (e.g. semi-conductor) managing mission critical facility, inclusive minimum of 5 years managerial experience. Candidate with other professional certificate or post graduate diploma/master degree in management studies such as MBA has advantage. OR Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering field with min. 8-10 years relevant work experience in Data Centre environment or Hi-tech factory/plant (e.g. semi-conductor) managing mission critical facility, inclusive minimum of 5 years managerial experience.
- Proficient in English through all mediums of communication. Ability to write and review good quality detailed reports of various kinds. Chair meeting and give presentation to customers either on phone or in person, conduct training and deliver speech to internal group of staff.
- Good knowledge of all laws that govern building management and maintenance, including building safety, emergency evacuation and environment protection.
- A valid Electrical switching certificate and/or license (Chargeman) for 33kV HT electrical system has advantage.
- Good technical knowledge with hands on knowledge/experience and understanding of critical data center systems, including HVAC, Standby emergency power, uninterruptible power supplies, and associated infrastructure.
- Requires good knowledge of financial terms and principles, forecasting, and budget development.
- Proficient in computer applications and software, including commercial computerized maintenance management systems, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Please send your cv to
- [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
- in word document;
- listing your personal particulars, education qualification and work experience;
- listing your current and expected salary details;
- with your photo attached.
As we are hiring this position urgently, we do look forward to hearing from you VERY SOON!
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
EA Licence No: 18C9353
EA Personnel Registration No: R1980530
HR Exchange Pte. Ltd. (EA Licence No: 18C9353)