Senior Engineer, Utilities & Energy
Utilities & Energy, Sr Engineer
COMPANY: MNC in food chemical
To manage a team of technicians/junior staff in utilities engineering discipline and to ensure timely implementation of plant change and utilities equipment such as steam boiler, air compressor,pumps, cooling tower, brine chiller, etc. availability as part of OEE requirement. Utilities Engineer shall effectively support the production process to ensure the realization of the production and quality requirements of the site
1. Monitoring of Utility Operation including energy consumptions (natural gas, power, water, etc.) to enforce and comply with the site procedures so that housekeeping, cGMP, quality, safety, occupational hygiene and environmental protection requirements are met to: • Support / facilitate self-inspections. • Co-ordinate for plant pre-audit preparation. • Ensure that timely closer of action. Experienced with boiler and cooling tower (pls indicate on cv).
2. Carry out implementation activities for plant modifications, capital projects and other identified plant improvement projects in line with defined specifications, budget and qualification of facilities in accordance with site to approved procedures.
3. Provides specialist advice to other departments and subordinates for trouble shooting / continuous improvements to processes / systems
4. Provide input to the project team of capital projects as well as develop and implement the maintenance plan for newly installed equipment
5. Provide site inputs of spare parts strategies to development and govern current and new process equipment in term of spare standardization and spare inventory turns and ageing spare parts.
6. Monitor and enforce compliance measures (including safety) within Utilities function to ensure inspection readiness of plant, as well as participate as an audit team member in the conduct of audits
7. Supervise, develop, and motivate junior staff to help realize their maximum potential to contribute towards achieving the objectives of the department
8. Contribute to the development of the annual operating budget of the section to ensure achievement operational targets of section
9. Responsible for planning and implementing plant maintenance, managing of engineering resources including in house contractor during plant maintenance, equipment repair and annual plant shutdown and prompt resolution of breakdowns, including engaging external assistance.
10.. To support the development of facility master plan to ensure compliance to engineering standards, management of obsolescence and asset replacement.
11.To support customer complaints and deviation investigations and ensure that all relevant engineering corrective actions are completed within the agreed timeline.
12. To manage the site computerized maintenance system and its data / records to ensure that the information is accurate and inspection ready at all time. To provide reports from the system and used as tools for • Accuracy of data • Number of findings during audits
13. Direct and control the implementation of the Company's Operation Excellence System for Engineering department
Proposals & Recommendations
• Proposal on plant improvement and resource management. • Recommendations on the engineering spares to be kept as stock
Professional • Good honor Degree or minimum Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or relevant disciplines • Certified Energy Manager (preferred)
Technical • Good exposure to Utilities operations/maintenance including Compressor, chiller, boiler, cooling tower and etc
Business • Sound commercial knowledge (including contractual law) • Basic Project management skills
• At least 5 years engineering experience in the food / chemical or related manufacturing industry
• Good understanding and hands on experience with Static and rotating equipment such as pumps (single & multistage), compressors, blowers, diesel engines, agitators, heat exchangers , reactors, boilers, furnaces & ovens, cooling towers, other Utilities, material handling & hydraulic systems, fire protection system, pipelines, structures, alignment, etc
• Knowledge of best practices in engineering both in preventive maintenance and plant commissioning
• Good understanding of GMP, GEP and EHS requirements
• Effective communication skills
• Effective Operational Excellence skills
Corporate Talent Pte Ltd