Senior Engineer, Operations - Systems
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 1-Jun-2019
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Reporting to the Systems Manager to support all aspects of the system operation services.
- Provide Support to all the Systems to the organization in Physical and Virtual Systems (Windows & Linux), Infra Services â€“ Dir Services, Exchange, Share Point, System Centre Services, VDI, Storage and Backup.
- Manage Database Services, Oracle Database & Microsoft SQL Database Administration.
- Identify and implement improvements on the operational monitors to measure system performance and capacity metrics.
- Work closely with other counterpart - System Architecture, IT Delivery team on System Engineering, Configuration, deployment and project rollout.
- Support multiple projects throughout the project lifecycles, manage conflicting priorities, deliverables and schedules.
- Foster a highly effective teamwork environment where accountability, clear effective communication, and a high level of customer service is demonstrated.
- Prepare reports and ensure optimal performance and keeping operation records efficiently for audit and operation analysis.
- Possess good working knowledge of IT policies, SOP, Procedures, Audit and Statutory requirements.
- ITIL services management best practices, OLA and SLA management knowledge.
- Establish and maintain all Systems Operation processes through standardization, continuous service improvement.
- Identify potential risks and issues that may affect IT Enterprise systems.
- Ensure timely update, maintenance of system documentation including system recovery and DR document,
- Tracking on the renewal of hardware, SW and professional services and maintenance agreements need to support operation.
- Work closely with Support vendor to support the IT Systems and Application according to the contractual requirement.
- Support 24x7 hours business operation, after office hours on-call support is expected.
- Share knowledge and solutions with team/partners and participate in a high performance cultureÂ
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Computer Science/MIS or equivalent experience.
- More than 5 years of Enterprise IT experience including 3 years in Direct Systems Operation.
- ITIL certification would be advantageous.
- Experienced working in large and complex Systems Operation environment advantageous.
- Demonstrated advance technical skills in supporting enterprise systems operation, current and emerging technologies, and collaboration skills to work with diversified work groups.
- In-depth System technical skills across multiple disciplines â€“ x86 Platforms, Physical and Virtual Systems, Windows, Unix/Linux, MS SQL, Oracle, SAN Storage, Backup, High Availability System and DR readiness, inter-network knowledge.
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and technical documentation, reporting skill, ability to communicate to non-technical stake holders.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, Visio technical diagram and PowerPoint presentations.
- Project Management skills and Knowledge of ITSM/ITIL Best Practices.
- Operational and Customer service focus.
- Ability to manage and prioritize own workload - good planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player as well as an independent performer
- Aptitude and interest to quickly learn new technologies