Senior Compliance Executive
Maybank | Date Posted: 1-Jul-2018
Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- To advise on regulatory changes/updates from MAS, ABS, PB Code of Conduct and other regulatory bodies;
- To anticipate potential risk change on regulatory compliance matters and highlight the impacts to the relevant business unit;
- Identify measures to mitigate regulatory risk and breaches;
- To liaise with senior and regional management in order to execute Compliance plans;
- To assist line management in resolving Compliance issues which arise in Private Banking;
- To provide training to business in areas of procedures and practices necessary to achieve compliance;
- To understand and implement Compliance control procedures using all relevant internal and external rules and regulations that apply to the conduct of the business;
- To assist in implementation of new changes in policies;
- To utilise a wide range of influencing, negotiation and escalation techniques that are appropriate and required during the course of performing the duties.
- A good degree with at minumum 5 years' experience in a Regulatory Compliance Advisory role preferred;
- Strong working knowledge of financial services regulations (FAA, SFA, Banking Act), products & services, cross-border compliance as well as regulatory protocols;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements;
- Good report writing ability.
Mature candidate are welcome to apply.