Senior Communications Manager
The Senior Communications Manager develops and implements a mission-aligned communications strategy that ensures an integrated and high quality communications experience for College stakeholders. Reporting directly to the Director of Engagement and External Relations, and working closely with the Senior Marketing Manager, the Senior Communications Manager oversees all internal communications across campuses, including leadership of the end-user experience, particularly for staff and parents, and the ever-evolving communications systems. The Senior Communications Manager is a key business partner for the IT department, the HR department and senior leaders.
- Further develop and implement communications strategy
- Take overall responsibility for parent communications and engagement, including alignment with senior leaders
- Create and edit content that supports storytelling and engages the community with the mission and activities of the College, including direct communications, social media and web content, newsletters and more
- Build and maintain positive relationships with key internal stakeholders and provide business partnership and subject matter expertise to key functional areas, particularly HR, IT and Fundraising and executive communications support to senior leaders
- Provide guidance, training and education for increasing capacity and quality of College communications within the community in line with communications strategy and policy
- Work closely with the Director of IT and team to develop communications systems that are fit for purpose and support two-way information flow
- Lead and/or line manage content creators, graphic designers, photographers, and other specialists to provide coherent services, including overseeing quality and brand-alignment of outcomes
- Track, measure, analyze and deliver reports on communications efforts
- Stay up to date with latest trends in communications to foster ideas and innovation
- A university degree in communications, PR or similar
- 5-8 years in a communications role in a fast-paced environment in a leadership position and with strategic oversight
- Experience with Hubspot, CRM systems, websites and/or design software is a significant advantage
- Outstanding writing and editing skills, with proven experience in creating, editing and proofreading English language content and the ability to inform and inspire diverse audiences
- Ability to craft complex communications in English for audiences who are not first-language English speakers and work with translations as necessary
- Proven experience in developing and implementing communications strategies
- Team player with a willingness to be involved in all aspects of school life and the ability to be flexible and create positive relationships across the College with individuals from diverse communities and culture
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "manage by influence"
- Highly organised with an analytical mindset who thrives on the ability to simultaneously manage multiple communications services projects for College clients, with a customer focus
- Meticulous, with exceptional attention to detail, able to multi-task and highly independent
- High energy, enthusiastic personality and a strong work ethic as an individual contributor and collaborative team player, requiring minimum supervision
- Provide leadership and/or support during critical incident response
- Positive, with a can-do attitude and a creative approach to solving problems
Apply via our job portal by Saturday, 21 November 2020
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
UWCSEA is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes applications from those who wish to join a community which is inclusive, and which celebrates diversity.
United World College of South East Asia