In this newly created role, you will assist to develop the Work Instructions / Acceptance Procedures / LIMS for a new state of the art Laboratory. You will provide support to the Project & Technical Manager during the commissioning phase of the Laboratory.
Upon successful start-up of the laboratory, you will report to the General Manager.
- Draft and update Work Instruction / Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the laboratory and field chemist services.
- Supervise a team of Chemist and Laboratory Technicians in all Laboratory works including day to day operations, maintenance of instrument / laboratory equipment, and keeping a clean work environment using 5S methodology or equivalent method.
- Perform test method evaluation related to raw material and chemicals waste testing.
- Plan Laboratory needs in equipment and consumables.
- Prepare yearly CAPEX and OPEX budget for Laboratory purchases.
- Handle any enquiries relating to laboratory works and product samples.
- To communicate with various departments such as Operations, Logistics and Sales.
- Ensure the correct samples / BOM is interface in the ERP system.
- Provide correct formula to establish costing for Sales Department.
- Perform investigation on non-conformity, complaints and operations team feedback related to quality issues which are locally produced and provide satisfactory response in a timely manner.
- Respond to any queries raised by regulatory authorities pertaining to performance regime.
- Update LIMS to ensure smooth process flow and data acquisition.
- Update and manage the accuracy of the pre & post acceptance of products based on validated chemical treatment process.
- Conduct training and requalification of employees.
- Prepare monthly reports relating to KPI and QEHS objectives.
- To maintain ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 as per IMS requirement.
- Maintain high level of motivation and team spirit through effective communications, fair work allocation and constant engagement with fellow team members and co-workers in accomplishing the company’s target and objectives.
- Provide support to Regional office upon request.
- Degree in Chemistry / Chemical Engineering / Biochemistry or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of laboratory experience in supervisory position.
- Good knowledge in LIMS, Laboratory Analysis Testing Method / ISO Quality System and EHS system.
- Experience in operating laboratory equipment, such as GCMS, Chromatography, Mercury analyser, Bomb calorimeter, Titrators and etc.
- Strong organization and communications skills.
Successful candidate will be working in the main office located at 15 Tuas View Circuit Singapore 636968.
Veolia is one of the largest environmental services organizations in Singapore. We are providing integrated waste management solutions to industrial, commercial, municipal and residential customers, including collection, sorting and recycling of hazardous and non-hazardous waste, industrial services as well as public cleansing.