Senior Business Analyst (IT)
Summary of Key Responsibilities
At Marina Bay Sands, the Senior Business Analyst is responsible for the co-ordination of requirements capture – functional and non-functional, as well as the use case modelling of new functional capabilities and features.
- Understanding the customer and user requirements, their strategies, and their goals.
- Facilitate modeling of the target organization (As-is).
- Liaison between business users and technology in user requirement workshop and to help finalize business requirements and business rules to support the design of new functional capabilities and features (to-be)
- Work closely with the Solution Architecture team to ensure the solution covers all key use cases and that the system is extensible for future needs
- Analyze from a holistic perspective the business model, mutual interdependencies, risk and benefits to propose the best solution
- To continuously build and maintain the Business Architecture by modelling new and enhanced functional capabilities and features
- Communicate effectively on any business implication resulting in changes from process rules or application enhancement or new product launch
- Identify, manage and escalate changes to the Project Manager on all factors influencing Scope, Schedule and cost
- Prepare or review comprehensive business requirement documentation
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to ensure they understand the users requirements, so that they can design the test cases in parallel
- 8+ years of working experience as a Business Analyst in IT projects
- Hands-on IT professional with full SLDC lifecycle experience
- Knowledge of software development process methodologies like RUP and / or Agile
- Knowledge of use case modelling in UML
- Ability to communicate with the business clients in non-technical terms
- Good written and oral communication skills
- High adaptability to a dynamic changing environment
- Delivery focused and pragmatic
- Meticulous and able to work independently
- Possess a proven and successful track record in delivering complex IT projects/programs