Senior Business Analyst (Core Banking Systems)
- Join an established consulting firm
- Opportunity to work on IT projects in the banking industry
- Work and learn extensively alongside industry experts
Our client is a consulting company that provides Business Management & Information Systems services to clients in the Financial Services industry. With a talented team armed with in-depth knowledge, the company is confident in tackling any challenges that a volatile and competitive market brings. The company also prides itself in building loyalty and trust with its consultants and partners.
In this role, you will be contributing to IT projects in the banking industry for our clients, especially for large Core banking Systems initiatives (including Core Banking Platform, Corporate Actions, Settlements and Payments, Reconciliation systems)
You will also be responsible for :
- Analysing and structuring projects and new requirements coming in the domain with all stakeholders involved in order to propose to the organization the best way to deliver appropriate solutions
- Leading the elaboration of a functional solution with business stakeholders and concerned IT teams as well as the definition of the solution and the implementation roadmap
- Driving the definition of use cases for User Acceptance Test with end users
- Managing all decision making and analysis process allowing to design, validate the solution, and getting the necessary approvals in terms of architecture, IT risk and IT Security, budget and capacity planning.
- Coordinating the implementation from a project management perspective and ensuring the Project governance is applied at each step
- Performing preliminary studies and analysis, planning and budget elaboration as well as follow-up
- Organising and running dedicated committees (steering committees, project committees, etc)
- Value-adding to both the IT tools functionality and potential changes to operational processes impacted.
- Ensuring that every new solution implemented respects standards and allows for reuse as much as possible between sites.
- Minimising specific local solution in favour of standard reusable solution.
- Proactively communicating and collaborating with external and internal third-parties in order to analyse information needs and functional requirements and delivering the following artifacts as needed: Functional requirements, Business Requirements Document, Use Cases, Screen and Interface designs, Business process designs
- Defining requirements with interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, tasks and workflow analysis.
- Driving and challenging business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Serving as the conduit between the customer community and the technology teams through which requirements flow.
- Developing requirements specifications according to standard templates & methodology
- Collaborating with the team’s experts to establish the technical vision and analysing tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Planning the migration strategy and changing management activities related to these new projects
- Being the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Contributing to the promotion of our services on top of assistance provided to clients
- You have at least 10 experience in the Banking Industry, as a Business Analyst/ Project Manager.
- You have experience as a Project Manager role on core banking projects
- You have strong knowledge of Core Banking processes and features as well as transaction capture, settlement and accounting booking.
- You have good knowledge of financial products and on their underlying (Securities, Payments, Money Markets, Foreign Exchange, Credit, Derivatives and Structured Products, Commodities)
- You have good knowledge of Corporate actions processing
- You have strong knowledge of Payment and transaction settlement systems (SWIFT, SEPA, local domestic systems in Europe and in Asia)
- You have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- You possess strong proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio
- You are familiar with project management tools as well as issue and release management, production and support (JIRA, Service Now, PPM tools, etc)
- You have strong analytical and product management skills
- You have the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, managers, subject matter experts and technical teams.
Snaphunt Pte Ltd