Senior Big Data Developer
- Join a well established Consulting firm serving Banking clients
- A senior role with an autonomy to make critical decisions
- Mentor & coach talented junior professionals
Our client is a consulting company that provides Business Management & Information Systems services to clients in the Financial Services industry. With a talented team armed with in-depth knowledge, the company is confident in tackling any challenges that a volatile and competitive market brings. The company also prides itself in building loyalty and trust with its consultants and partners.
You will be responsible for :
- Contributing to IT projects in the banking industry for our clients, especially in the Market Risk space.
- Leading technical studies to a propose solutions, while taking expert inputs from infrastructure big data professionals.
- Documenting proposed design and development of solutions.
- Ensuring all CI-CD artefacts are part of the solution.
- Performing code reviews while fostering a culture of following industry best practices within the team.
- Interacting with senior stakeholders and providing timely reports to project managers.
- Monitoring technical risks and escalating appropriate issues to management.
- Contributing to the promotion of our services on top of providing quality assistance to clients.
- You have at least 8 years’ experience in Software Development, with a minimum of 5 years in Java/J2EE development.
- You have hands-on experience working on data ingestion and data processing technologies like Spark streaming; messaging systems like Kafka, Flume or ActiveMQ, MQSeries or RabitMQ; Hadoop (preferably Hortonworks distribution) - HDFS, HBase, Hive, ORC/Parquet.
- You have worked with build tool - Maven/sbt/ant, UML, Restful web services, Jenkins/Team City and source management – SVN/GIT, TDD using Junit, Jira/QC.
- Prior experience in solution design using proven patterns, awareness of anti-patterns, performance tuning, especially in streaming would be a plus.
- Knowledge of tools like Phoenix, ElasticSearch, Sqoop, StreamSets and basic understanding of finance and investment banking is advantageous.
- You are aware of various software development procedures and are always willing to develop new skills
- You will be sharing expertise and providing coaching/mentoring to a team of talented junior professionals
- You are a reliable professional with an analytical mind and great decision making skills.
- You have strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
Snaphunt Pte Ltd