Senior Automation Engineer
SGS Testing & Control Services Singapore Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 16-Feb-2020
EA Licence No: 10C4942|EA Personal Registration No: R1221389
Bachelor's / Honours
- Oversee automation and mechanical process engineering for core processes in the companies, especially processes related to our biology and harvesting, of our industrial scale insect rearing operations
- Provide input to design thinking on new automation development, and debottlenecking, streamlining and re-inventing existing automation processes
- Work with the operating and development teams to convert pilot scale processes and concepts into deployment ready engineering at industrial scale
- Conducting root cause analysis of identified losses and utilizing structured problem-solving methods to develop effective corrective action/countermeasures
- Provide key system parameters to Automate existing bin handling and other systems.
- Updating and writing work procedures and work instructions as needed
- Initiates and leads projects that improve end-to-end processes: setup, validation, and audit measurement systems to deliver business impact
- This position will be responsible for improving the flow of material from the supplier to the end user, eliminating waste from this process, and execute projects that result in increased efficiency, quality, and cost savings initiatives throughout the plant.
- Design, develop, and implement control systems (hardware & software) to improve production times, reduce human operators, equipment performance, energy consumption, down-time reduction, and process automation.
- Obtain complete understanding of company process control systems and their impact on the production line.
- Lead automation design with design office and outside contractors.
- Ensure correct selection of equipment by others to ensure process requirements are being met.
- Investigate new concepts and make implementation recommendations.
- Adjust process to meet specific country requirements.
- Work closely with the R&D department and implement changes.
- Assist with commissioning of new plants.
- Provide all inputs into trouble shooting of existing plants.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Logistics, Industrial, Process or Mechanical Engineering
- At least 10 years’ experience as an engineer with a focus on automation and mechanical process engineering.
- Automated mechanical process engineering, including for example automated bin conveying and racking systems, automation of picking and placing of small objects, mechanical separation and mechanical material movement.
- Experience in a Manufacturing or Warehousing/Distribution environment.
- Experience in novel equipment design is a plus.
- Experience in designing and building multiple automation processes in industrial sites.
- The ability to be nimble and creatively build in structure and function into a unique process.
- Experience in using multiple material handling processes (including mobile equipment, conveyors, Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs).
- Ideally considerable experience in automation engineering applications in food or agriculture industry.
- Candidates must be comfortable to travel to international plants as required by the business.
SGS Testing & Control Services Singapore Pte Ltd